After

There would be no more work in the mines. It was too dangerous. The elevators were shut down and the mine shafts barricaded from letting people in. The ash never left though but somebody figured out it was good for growing food. Capitol plows and seed came and people began working the land again.

A mass grave sits just outside the boarder of the Seam and the forest. I watched them fill it in, Peeta by my side. I cried the entire time as Maxim held onto my finger tightly as if to tell me everything was going to be fine. He was seven months at the time but seemed to understand that his parents were broken in ways he couldn't yet understand and wouldn't for a very long time.

After the square was cleared of rubble and burnt bodies, they rebuilt everything up. A new mayor was established and the Justice building rebuilt. And then everything sort of reverted back to before everything blew up in our faces. The Hob came back but wasn't a black market anymore just a market, where people could buy food, clothing, all the essentials.

I started running a hospital of sorts out of my house, like how Prim and Mrs. Everdean ran it. I didn't have medical training but I did know about medicinal herbs and plants. When the workload became too much though, I contacted Paylor. She was happy to hear from me and responded right away to my question for help. That was the beginning of it. Paylor decided that District 12 would now be a place of medicine and gets right to work on building factories that will make pills and cure ailments. Hospitals rise up and I'm no longer needed.

Peeta started up another bakery, with the help of his brother Tanner. They frequently hand out cookies to kids who ask for them and being in the bakery makes Maxim happy. At least that's what I told Peeta as an excuse to see him everyday once I no longer worked. "How's my little nephew?" Tanner asked, walking around the counter and wiping his hands free of flour. Maxim, nearly a year old, squealed and shied away from him.

"Catora?" I heard Peeta call out. He came out from the back sweating, his hands sticky with dough.

"Daddy!" Maxim cried out, reaching out for Peeta. His face broke out into a brilliant smile. A month back, daddy had been Maxim's first word. I hadn't really been teaching him how to speak, I would just talk to him. I told him I was his mom, Peeta was his dad, Tanner his uncle and I would try to explain to him what things were; like his blanket, the trees, food. He was picking up really quickly.

"I wouldn't give him to me." Peeta said gesturing with his hands as I tried to hand our squirming son to him.

"It's fine, it'll wash out." Peeta took him from me and lifted Maxim up over his head.

"Hey buddy what's going on?" Maxim squeaked as Peeta brought him back down, carrying him up by his shoulder. "Did you need something Catora?" Peeta asked as Maxim grabbed at his hair. I shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know what to do with myself. I take care of Maxim all day, talk to him, feed him, change his diapers and do other housewife things mothers should do but.."

"You're stir crazy." Peeta smiled.

"Is that bad?" I asked lightly. He shook his head as the bell dinged signaling that someone had entered the shop. I waved at the couple as Tanner went to go help them.

"No, it's not. I promise. Want Tanner and I to watch him?" I nodded my head slowly.

"Please? I don't trust him with anyone else." Peeta nodded. "I wanted to go hunting.. Not for long. I just wanted to do something familiar."