We'll Carry On 20

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Mrs. Iero. Your Honor I would like to request a recess for Mrs. Iero to take a break before cross." The lawyer said.

"Recess granted. Court is adjourned until 1:30pm." he banged the gravel and the bailiff helped me down from the stand. As I followed him out I looked over at Rick for the first time. His eyes followed me out the door. The look in his eyes was just the same as it was in the ally that day. I felt my chest tighten, I shouldn't have looked at him.

Chapter 109

(Frank's POV)

I stepped in front of Non so she wasn't looking at Rick. I don't know what made her look there but I instantly knew she was spooked. I grabbed her hand as we walked toward the back of the court room where there was double doors.

"Babe you okay," I asked pulling her into my arms. I felt her take a deep breath.

"I think I just...I just need a cup of water," I nodded to the bailiff and he walked over to get her a plastic cup of water. As we neared the doors we heard shots rang out. I grabbed Non and pushed her down to the floor covering her with my own body.

Chapter 110

(Danae's POV)

I sat two rows back from Frank and his mother. I watched as he went to check on Non. They had done quite a number on her on the stand. I was going to get up and help him see to her, but I noticed something in Linda's hand as she stood up it was silver and no bigger then the palm of her hand. I heard the shots and froze, Pete pushed me down so that I was lying on the bench. When the shots finished I stayed down and Pete looked to see if it was okay for us to come up.

"Close your eyes and sit up," He said. I did as I was told. "Don't open your eyes, I'm going to take you out of here." I nodded. He helped me to my feet and grabbed both my hands, pulling me along.

"I don't think he's going to make it." A male voice said. I couldn't help it. I had to look and see who they were talking about. I opened my eyes and looked back. Rick still sat in his seat only now he was slumped over and blood was all over his face. I could hear his shallow breathing from where I was.

"Danae, I told you not to look," Pete said covering my eyes and pulling me the rest of the way out.

Chapter 111

(Nonnie's POV)

I clung to Frank as the shots came to an end. The bailiff ran back toward the door and then I saw Danae and Pete coming out of the courtroom. She looked white as a sheet all the color was drained from her face. I rushed over to her.

"Are you okay?" I said pulling her into a hug.

"Rick...Linda...Linda killed him." I looked over at Frank, he sprang up from where he was sitting and ran into the courtroom. "She just shot him, she pulled out a gun and shot him."

"Pete take her home." I said. I wasn't sure how she felt about Rick being dead but I didn't want her to be here any longer than she had to.

"You should come with me," he said grabbing my wrist.

"I...I have to be sure." I said, I had to make sure that Rick was dead. That he wouldn't be able to come after me or anyone I cared about again. I walked toward the door and just as I reached it Frank burst through pulling me to him. "Frank?"

"They are arresting her. I have to call our lawyers." He said all the while he was pulling me away from where I wanted to go.

"Frank I have to see." I pleaded.

"No, we have to go. You don't have to worry about Rick ever again, I promise." He held me tighter as I tried to pull free. "It won't make up for what he did Nonnie." He whispered it in my ear. "It won't make you feel any better to see his body. It will just add to your nightmares, please just trust me. Let's go home."