e p i l o g u e

"I was made for loving you. Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through." - I Was Made for Loving You, Tori Kelly ft Ed Sheeran

She stood up, gathering her belongings that were strewn all over the office desk, and stuffing them into her already overstuffed brown, leather sling bag. Her co workers kept telling her she should get a new, bigger bag for all her things but she didn't want to listen.

Some things just never changed.

"What are you planning to do during the holidays?" her colleague sitting next to her asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know. Stay at home and watch TV I guess."

Her colleague threw her hands up in exasperation. "You can't do that. You're in New York City, for goodness sake."

She chuckled. "I'm just kidding, Yvonne. Relax. My childhood friend, Ria, is coming to visit me. I'm going to take her around to see the festivities."

Yvonne sighed dramatically, placing a hand on her chest. "Thank gosh. You nearly gave me a heart attack, Louisa," she replied playfully.

Lou rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Vonne," she answered, grabbing her coat from the back of her chair and putting it on, slinging her bag across her shoulder. "I'll see you at the company dinner?"

She nodded. "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Have a great weekend, Louisa."

"You too," Lou replied, pushing her chair into her desk and heading towards the exit. She took the stairs to the ground floor, her heels clicking against the tiled floor as she walked. When she finally reached the lobby, she strode out, her head held high, as if nothing could stop her, even if they tried.

The automated sliding door opened as she approached it, the strong, cold wind blowing against her body. She pulled her coat tighter around her body, as she walked out and onto the busy New York street.

She dug for her earphones and iPod in her deep, coat pocket and when she found it, she plugged the earphones into the device and popped in her earbuds, selecting a playlist at random and music started blasting into her ears.

She headed down the street, her mind drifting off, thinking about how she was going to spend her evening. She couldn't wait to get back to her apartment and take a long, relaxing, warm bath to clear her head.

All of a sudden, she ran into someone, falling onto the floor. She removed her earbuds and stuffed it into her pockets, looking up at the person she crashed into.

"I'm so sorry-" he started, their eyes meeting.

She froze.

She knew him. He may look different but she definitely knew him. It was hard to forget those eyes she gazed into all those years ago.

"Lou?" he said, surprise laced in his voice.

She chuckled. "Sam. It's been a while."

He nodded. "Yes it has," he replied, extending a hand.

She took it and he helped her up, the instant their hands touched, her heart skipped a beat. Even after all these years, she still felt nervous around him.

She wondered if he felt the same.

"Do you want to go grab something to eat?" he asked her, hopeful.

"Yes. I'd love that," she replied, beaming.

They took off, navigating through the crowd of people, eager to get to a restaurant and properly catch up with each other. And all the while, the sun was setting, the magnificent orange and yellow hue reflected by the windows of skyscrapers instead of the ocean, in winter, instead of summer.

And maybe, after all these years, they had finally met again in the right place at the right time. And they were ready to open their hearts and to love again.

T H E E N D

___

A/N: *screams* I can't believe we're at the end of the book. I'll keep this author's note short as there's going to be a whole part for that haha.

Thank you so much for reading this book and for coming along on this absolutely amazing adventure. I'm proud to say that this is my best work to date, and also the one that I hold closest to my heart (wanna know why? Read the next part xp) and I'm so glad you are willing to read it all the way to the end.

Thank you so much! No words can express how grateful I am for you right now.

Vote, comment and share this book if you enjoyed reading this! I'm going to enter this in the Wattys so I would really appreciate the support!

I've just posted a new work and it's called You Had Me At Hello. It's a light romance book and I really hope you'll join me on that new journey. I also have a book up on Radish Fiction, which is now available on both iOS and Android, called Paper Hearts and Sam will be a supporting character in there (yay for crossovers) so you could check that out too! There's a sample up on my profile.

I'm also working on a bigger project that will be out soon. In fact, it's a continuation of Project: Survival and it's called the Enigma series (gasp Angie is writing a series?) so I suppose you could read that first c:

Don't forget to check out 29 Words. It's a short story and I'm also entering it in the Wattys so I'd really appreciate the support.

Thank you so much once again!

Love you guys so much.