NINE - Dreams and Nightmares

NINE

Dreams and Nightmares

I was falling asleep in class as my English teacher was going on about Hamlet and explaining the very famous "to be or not to be" soliloquy. It was the last period of the day and it felt like the period would never end. Shakespeare's plays may be a work of art but I can't help but fall asleep. Ten minutes had never felt so long.

As my teacher continued to talk, I couldn't help but think of the things I could do when I got home. I'll go on a run/workout, then binge on food and Grey's Anatomy since I don't have any homework so far. Dad's not going to be home until late midnight, maybe I'll go over to Aunt Lisa's and eat their food.

"I want you guys to think about this soliloquy. You're going to be expected to write an essay based on this." Our teacher concluded as the bell rang, but all I heard was "no homework tonight guys, have fun!" I quickly packed my bag and left the class, meeting up with Lottie halfway.

"It's only Monday and I already want this week to end!" She groans in frustration

"I feel you mama!" I tell her "So how is it with you and Caden?"

"Jackie, he's just so cute! He came up to me today and gave me the nicest hug and said I looked beautiful. Like my heart was going to pop out of my chest. And then he basically walked me to all of my classes! And he's so funny! He's such a perfect gentleman!" Lottie gushed as we walked to our lockers, which were right beside each other.

I open my locker and start putting in the things I won't need. "Sounds like someone's getting a boyfriend!" I tease her.

"Shut up!" She punches my shoulder.

Looking behind Lottie, I saw Caden, Blake and Alexa making their way to us.

"Look it's your boyfriend" I nudge her, making her punch me again.

Blake had his arm around Alexa which made my heart skip a beat. As soon as they got to where we were, Caden threw his arm around Lottie and messed up her hair saying "Hey babe"

"Caden we're not even dating" Lottie takes his arm off of her.

"Yeah but trust me we're going to be together soon." He winks at her making a light pink colour come to her face.

"Come on Lottie, you should so go out with Caden. We could, like, go on a double date, or something. It'll be, like, so fun" Alexa tried to convince Lottie as she wrapped her arms around Blake. After that, the four of them got involved in a conversation, planning their dream double date. Caden gave me a soft smile when he saw me uncomfortable with the whole situation. I was third-wheeling two couples, who wouldn't be.