TWENTY-EIGHT - Wishes

TWENTY-EIGHT

Wishes

The room was dark with nothing but a flicker of light from the candles.

"Jackie, if he yells at me or kills me, I'm using you as my shield" Lucas, Blake's brother, grabs me from behind, preparing to use me as a shield.

"Relax, Lucas. You'll be fine"

"You don't understand, he doesn't like surprises." I smiled to myself. How could a guy who doesn't like surprises, always be trying to surprise me? That little scenery by the market, our little shopping spree at the mall and the market. His little kisses...

"Ew, you're drooling" He takes a step back.

"I am not"

"Are too" He mocks. Lucas really was the definition of a younger brother. He always found ways to poke fun and tease me. Although Blake would get mad at him for it, I would quite enjoy it.

The door to my house creaked open as the lights turned on. All of us started singing happy birthday on a low tune. Me, Lucas, Lottie, Caden, Aunty, dad and Blake's parents. I held the cake out to him as he looked around the room, trying to get a grasp of what was happening, dropping whatever was in his hands.

"Uh... what's going on?" He steps in front of me, trying to hide the things he dropped from my view.

"Wanted to surprise you for your birthday. Happy Birthday" I smile at him, showing him the cake since he clearly didn't understand. "Make a wish" A big grin was soon on his face, gazing at me intently as he blew out the candles.

His mom rushed up to him, showering him with kisses "Happy Birthday my little baby! Look who's finally eighteen!"

"Mom... not right now" Blake pulled her away, mouthing something to her as he continuously tilted his head towards me, making me laugh.

"Oh, Blakey. You don't need to worry about Jackie. You know she doesn't mind" She gives him a big kiss on the cheek, making sure to leave her lipstick mark.

"Mom..." He whined at his nickname

As everyone else congratulated him on his birthday, we made our way to the kitchen to cut the cake.

"I'll be right back" Blake rushes out of the kitchen after cutting the cake, with his footsteps soon rushing up the stairs.

"Told you he wouldn't kill you" I elbow Lucas as Caden walked past us. Lucas shared a look with Caden as they both turned to me, speaking in a teasing tone "That's because you're his girlfriend."

Not yet bros. He's stupid and hasn't asked me yet, and until he does, he's not getting that satisfaction.

I know Blake likes to take control in a relationship, not in a toxic way of course but more like in the curtesy way. But I was debating on taking over if he didn't ask me soon. I wanted to kiss him so bad. My own rules were going against me.