TWENTY-SIX - When Parents Get Together

Hi! I hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to thank you for all your support! Thank you for your comments and votes! You have no idea how much they mean to me!

Ok, carry on with your reading! 

Umi xx

TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX

When Parents Get Together

Lottie had messaged me earlier saying she wasn't coming over. She had high hopes Aunty would be "scolding some sense into me". Which never happened, albeit Aunty comforted me with love that I was so subconsciously desperately craving. Dad came home around midnight and we all had a really late dinner. He had showered me with kisses and hugs and multiple apologies for not being around more often. Which made me feel worse because he felt the need to apologize when he only did what he did so he could look after me.

I was in my room again, and for the first time in months, I felt like people were living in this house. The only thing missing now was Chris's laughter. I had my phone open in my hands as I struggled to type a message out to Blake. Would he answer?

Shaking my head, I try avoiding any thoughts that would prevent me from doing so. I typed a message and quickly sent it before I started to second guess myself.

Hey, how are you doing?

I waited for a reply as I sent the message, but there was none. Maybe he was already asleep. It was after twelve am. But that didn't stop me from pacing. I stepped out of my room for a change in scenery to cloud my thoughts with something other than Blake or Chris. My tracks stopped in front of my dad's room as I heard soft sniffles through the closed door.

"Lisa, I couldn't do anything good for her. I promised her mother I would look after her. I was so stupid! Trying to comfort her financially that I didn't even realize how lonely she must be in this house, alone, all the time" My back met the cold wall as I slid down, listening to their conversation with my head between my knees. Tears filling up my eyes. "I just want to turn back time, erase all the loneliness"

"Reese, you can't be too hard on yourself. Jackie understands all your efforts. She appreciates everything you've done for her." Aunty comforted him.

"Chris brought life into her. I thought she was happy before. But every time I saw her with Chris in this house, I hated myself. Because it showed how alone she felt in this house. I couldn't give my love to my daughter"

I wiped my tears, unable to hear my dad think so little of himself. I knocked on the door and slipped in once I heard them telling me to come in. They were both cuddled in bed, but I made no hesitations to force myself between them, cuddling both of them to the best of my abilities.