THIRTY-FOUR - The New Kid Back at School

THIRTY-FOUR

The New Kid Back at School

The bed felt smaller, and I felt squished. Blake's huge body shared the single bed with my own. I rub my eyes to get the sleep out as the sun shone through the window.

"Morning" I jumped at his voice, thinking he was sleeping.

"Morning, I thought you were sleeping" I wrap my arms around him, moving back so he can get on the bed more.

"Mom had to run out. Emergency call from work, she woke me up. Have to get Lucas ready for school soon and find a babysitter for Chris on short notice"

It was only six in the morning, so it gave Blake and me some time to just lie there. Blake had moved Chris to his own bed and he was still soundly asleep.

"Jackie, I know our relationship doesn't exactly have a steady pace. You don't regret it, do you?" Blake asks, hugging me tighter

"No definitely not. I know what I want in life; a life with you and Chris. Why do you ask?"

He chuckles at my response "Good, 'Cuz I want the same. I've been looking into different housings on campus. There's family housing. Would you be ok to live with me?" I look at him, amazed at his preparedness.

"Ok? Blake, I want to. I'd be more than happy" I look up at him, so he knew how sincere I was. "Now come on, we all have to get ready." That just seemed like a formality as I was quite enjoying being with him right now,

"Just a little longer, please?" There was that little puppy again, holding me. I, too, hold him. With every moment I spent with him, I realized how lucky I was to have him. Someone who never once lets me doubt anything in life. Someone who was always prepared for anything that I threw at him. "Did you end up doing your homework yesterday?"

I groan, hiding my face in his chest. "Come on. Get up, Jackie!" He sits up but I keep a hold on to his waist, placing my cheek against his back. He places a hand over mine and sits there for a moment, tracing his finger over what was now a scar of that horrific night. I feel him take a deep breath, grabbing my hands and placing them over his shoulders and lifting me on his back, carrying me out of the room and into his.

He grabs a fresh pair of his sweats, placing them in between my hands and walking out, dropping me in front of the bathroom. "Hurry up, go shower, change your clothes. Then start working on your homework!" He orders me, making me pout at him. I'm sure one day of no homework would be fine. His body looked way too inviting to be doing anything but cuddling him.

He leans down, kissing me. I almost fall back as my back leans against the door, opening it. Blake grabs me before I could, making us both laugh at what could have happened. "Ok, hurry up now!" He turns me around and pushes me into the bathroom, slapping my butt lightly and closing the door quickly before he could earn my glare.