FOUR - Mom 101

FOUR

Mom 101

I couldn't imagine raising a kid all by myself. Even though Chris wasn't living with me, he was still a lot of work whenever I visited him at Blake's. Got to hand it to the guy and his family for being able to put up with him frantic.

"Mommy, I really liked Auntie Lottie. Can you bring her again someday?" Chris asks me with a pouty face, thinking that I was going to say no.

Lottie had left a few minutes ago because she had to pick up groceries for her aunt. I was originally going to go with her but Chris had started throwing a tantrum and Blake was about to rip his hair out, not being able to manage him.

"Of course, she might come back later to pick me up so you can meet her again then" I ruffle his hair.

Blake sat there on the couch leaning back while looking at Chris and smiling at him. It was a smile that I don't see many teenaged boys hold. "You know, I wouldn't mind just adopting him" He leans towards my ear and whispers.

"Really?" I ask him, surprised "even the tantrums and everything?" I smile.

"Even the tantrums and everything" He nods. "Don't tell me you wouldn't"

I let out a small laugh. "Of course I would. But I want him to find his family"

After cleaning up all his toys, Chris comes and sits on the couch between Blake and me. "I'm hungry" He sinks on the couch as his stomach grumbled making Blake and I laugh. Chris pouted at our reaction and clutched his stomach.

"Ok, come on let's see what we got," Blake says as he gets up and walks towards the kitchen. When neither Chris nor I get up and follow him, he comes back and tells us to get up. Both Chris and I, too lazy to get up, sink in the couch. Blake throws Chris over his shoulders then grabs my arm and leads us to the kitchen.

Chris and I sat down on stools of the island counter while Blake tried to find something to eat. He checks the cabinets then makes his way over to the fridge. "Looks like we have..." He whips out his phone and dials a number, letting the fridge door close. "Ya, Hi. I'd like to order two large boxes of pizza. Extra cheese and pepperoni... I'll take a medium box of fries... Yes, that'll be all. Thank you" he ends the call.

"Looks like we have pizza and fries" I finish his sentence.

"Daddy, how long? I'm hungry!" Chris complains.

"Just a little while buddy. It'll be here soon" he answers.

"Hey what do you say we go out and play something until the pizza comes. It's really nice out" I suggest causing Chris's eyes to light up.

"Can we please play tag then?" He asks, Blake and I nod. "Ok then. Not it!"

"Not it!" That left Blake.