Chapter 34: Fact or Fiction?

I don't know what death is supposed to feel like, but I didn't feel dead. I woke up. How, I don't know, but it was hard to get up. Cuts, bruises, and aches coated my body. I saw the most-likely dead bodies of Sean, Hailey, Dallas, Elvin, Cam, Bob, Clarissa, and Raylen. I was most surprised to MacKenzie lying there. But, one by one, they woke up, including MacKenzie. They too were moaning about their pain. We helped each other up, except Cam and Clarissa.

"Time's up." Elvin said.

"Ok, Ok, you got us." Clarissa said.

Dallas and Elvin took hold of them. We turned around and saw the ruins of the Aftershock... and most likely the Squad's reign.

"So... what's next?" Bob asked.

"To build a new empire." I said. "A free government. Where all people are treated equal."

Raylen came over to me. "Then, let's get started." And we walked off towards the crowd of people who gathered to see the Aftershock's ruins.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5 Years Later

I walked over to my bedroom. Raylen sat there, a smile on her face, holding something wrapped in cloth. I walked towards her and removed the cloth. There was a beautiful baby boy.

"He'll grow up to be just like us." I said. "Carry on the name. Won't you, Nico Grimes?"

The baby laughed.

Raylen leaned over to me and said, "The newest Rebel. He'll take our legacy and make it greater."

"Just hope he won't topple our empire!" I joked.

We laughed as we walked out of our room and turned off the lights.

This Journey Ends, But Another One Will Start Soon.