Chapter 26: The Only Threat Left

I needed to move quickly. I turned my head every few seconds to see if they had caught up to me.

"So far, so good." I thought. "Now, where did the security camera said Cam was located. I turned the corner to see two women guarding the door. I hid as I saw a messenger come.

"Prisoner Grimes has escaped. Clarissa needs you two to do double shifts. This is the first place he'll look." she said.

The guards grunted in anger as the messenger came my way. Then, I got an idea.

****************************************************

I was dressed in the messenger's clothing. Her semi-conscious body lay in the closet. I ran up to the security guards.

"Clarissa wants you two to leave and help find Grimes. I would do it, but a low ranking messenger like me ain't strong enough to stop a man like him."

"What if he comes this way?" One asked me.

I had to think of something fast. "She's locked up pretty good, ain't she?"

"Yeah." they both said.

"He ain't gonna get in there." I said.

"O.K., if that's what she said." They left briskly.

*****************************************************************************************************

I snuck into the room after the guards left. I didn't have much time until they found out that I was lying. I saw Cam, locked up, head drooped and body lifeless.

"Oh my gosh, they killed her!" I thought as I ran to where Cam was. "Cam, Cam! Wake up!"

Her eyes opened.

"Oh, Cam! I thought you were dead!" I exclaimed. I untied her. "Hurry! Let's get the others before..."

"Silence!" I heard a booming voice said. "Hands in the air, and I won't harm you." I slowly turned around to see the face of the shadow figure.

"Hey, it's ol' 6 feet of Obsidian! How you doing?" I tried to stay confident. "Clarissa, take off the mask. You're not fooling anyone."

The figure took off its mask. It was Cam! I spun around to see a hologram of Cam fading away. Eyes glowing, every soldier, prisoner, worker, surrounded me. One of the soldiers whom I tricked shot me in the foot. I saw that it was a tranquilizer.

I saw Cam say something to me, but I was blacking out so fast, I don't remember what she said.