Chapter 9: At The Movies

As soon as we were away from the battlefield, we stopped running. We tried to find a hidden place to heal Sean and I. The sewer was unsafe. The Squad's soldiers most likely invaded the sewer. We walked past the T.V. store. A "Breaking News!" banner flashed across every screen. The newswoman said, "The ruler of the world, Miss Clarissa Renshaw, has found an underground bunker in the sewer with about 20 men inside. 'The Rebels', as they called themselves, were taken to jail for treason. Their sentence is unknown. Also, Miss Renshaw has posted a statement wanting the arrest of six people: Bob Ryu, Dallas Frederick, Elvin Haynesworth, Mackenzie Doyle, Sean Evans, and Neville Grimes. If you see any of these six, contact 'The Squad' immediately. In other news..."

"Great. Just great." Elvin said. "They've captured 'The Rebels' and now all of Cape Town will be looking for us!"

"That's not the least of our problems." Bob replied. "Mackenzie and Sean are weak from the energy transfer and Neville is going fast. We need to nurse them to health. Elvin, go carry Mackenzie. I'll carry Sean."

We walked some more and then came across an abandoned movie theater.

"This looks like a good place." Dallas said.

We walked in and went into one of the rooms, Room 5. We sat down in the front and laid Sean, Mackenzie, and I down on the seats. Elvin, Bob, and Dallas went looking around. When they left, Mackenzie rolled over to Sean and said weakly, "You alright?"

"Yeah." he said back. "Just trying to get back to normal."

"Maybe we should help Neville." she said softly.

"How are we going to do that?" Sean asked. "We're in the middle of an abandoned movie theater and we are as weak as my dog."

"Let's wait for the others to come back." Mackenzie replied. "Maybe they found something to help."

"Like what?" Sean asked. "Popcorn? Soda? A movie?"

Mackenzie replied, "I dunno."

When she said that, I rolled over and woke up. I stood up quickly and said, "Where's Clarissa? Let me at her!"

"Neville, sit down." Mackenzie said. "You're weak. Clarissa defeated us. We retreated."

"We need to warn The Rebels." I said. "Where's Dallas, Bob, and Elvin?"

"The Rebels were captured hours ago, when we were knocked out." Sean explained. "And the others are looking around."

I sat down and wondered how to help despite the injuries I suffered. I made a bad decision by sitting down. Two metal bars went over my wrists, along with Mackenzie and Sean. Then, two more grabbed onto my legs. The movie theater was a trap.