Chapter 32: She's A Fixer Upper

Raylen lie there, still as a dead corpse. Another shock like the one she took would kill her. Cam and Clarissa were still fighting with Sean trying to break them up. I had about at least 15 minutes. I checked her vitils. Make that 5 minutes. I smashed the remote that they used to shock her. She woke up almost immediately.

"Neville, you saved me!" She said, and jumped into my arms.

We hugged, but I heard a ticking sound. We released each other, but I was looking around for the sound. I walked over to Raylen. The sound was coming from her!

"You think that we would let you go without a plan?" I realized I was tricked.

"Yep, he'll be appalled when we tell him we put a bomb in her." I could now make out that Cam was talking.

"You wouldn't!" I said to them. It was dark, so I couldn't see them.

The two girls stepped out of the shadows. Clarissa leaned towards me. "We already did." she whispered.

"You have two options: the bomb is in her brain. You can work for us, and we will deactivate the bomb. Or, you stay with her, and the bomb will explode in 30 minutes. It's your choice." Cam told me.

"So, I work for you, and Raylen lives, or I don't, and she dies?" I asked.

"Yup."Cam said.

I pondered the thought.

"Oh, also, don't think about destroying the bomb. That'll just kill her, since the bomb is in her brain." Clarissa said.

I walked over to Raylen, who was already with Elvin, Dallas, and Bob.

"Raylen, I'm sorry." I told her with tears building. I sucked it up and told her my decision. "As much as I hate them, I can't see you die, not like this. I want you to live."

"Neville, no!" she yelled. "If I let you work for them, I couldn't live with myself. I want to die happy. I want to die knowing I didn't take the easy way out."

"Sadly, it's not your choice." I told her. "It's mine."

We hugged, tears streaming down our faces. I wiped them off my face and walked towards Cam and Clarissa.

"I've made my decision. I'll work for you, just let Raylen live." I said.

"We will." Clarissa said as I heard the ticking stop.

"Thank you." I told them.

Raylen mouthed something to me. I knew what it meant. I launched a kick to the back of Clarissa's head. She staggered forward and Raylen kicked the remote that triggered the bomb. It got crushed. Raylen felt the bomb get destroyed. But, when Clarissa fell backwards, she hit the self-destruct button for the Aftershock!

"Well," Clarissa said. "Looks like our time has come." Cam and her sprinted out the door with Sean and Hailey close behind.