Chapter 16: A New Rebel

When Cam Hightower saw the 5 walk with Clarissa, she shivered. She knew what happened, and that's why the world was like this. She had suffered the same as them. Her eyes turned to the 5.

"Wait," she thought, "weren't there 6 in captivity." If so, she could befriend them and start a new life. The only problem with that is, entering that room would mean falling into an instant hypno state. She saw a hazmat suit hanging on a hook under a "Please wear!" sign. She zipped up the suit and walked inside.

"Ugh." she grunted. She could smell the scent from inside the suit. Her attention moved to me. She saw my almost lifeless body hanging there.

"Crud." she said. Just in that moment, I rose, bags under my eyes.

"What happened to you?" she asked.

"I didn't sleep." I responded. "Too busy not falling into her spell. Are you my executioner?"

"No way." she said. "I'm here to release you."

"Where, to a new place with two tons of this crap?" I asked.

No, no, no." she said as she was unfastening my chains. "I'm like your friend, Mackenzie."

"Mackenzie is a liar and a traitor." I responded. I thought she was our friend."

Cam felt sad. "How about this? I'll take you to release your friends."

"I thought you were a soldier." I asked. "Aren't you supposed to keep me here?"

"I'm the person Mackenzie said she was." Cam responded. "I want to help you. I want to become a rebel."

"Sick." I said. "By the way, I'm Neville. Neville Grimes."

"Cam Hightower." she responded.

When we walked out of the room, Clarissa stood there.

"You really thought I was dumb enough not to see this coming?" she asked. "I didn't expect a betrayal to be involved."

Cam ran full speed at the ruler, but a sidestep later, she was sent sliding towards a soldier carrying a crate of the blue powder. The girl was frightened and dropped the crate. Cam picked up the blue stuff and threw some at Clarissa's face. 

"Maybe I should have thought this through." she said as she collapsed.

"Yes!" I shouted. "She's down!"

Cam and I tied Clarissa up and threw her in a closet. We stole her communicator just in case. Now, to save the others.