Chapter 30: In Tranquil State

I looked around for a map or something to guide me to an infirmary or something. I found a map on the wall. I searched but there was no sign of an infirmary. Then, two guards came around the corner.

"Sector 3 covered. No sign of the prisoner." a guard said.

"Rats!" I heard Cam say on the other end. "Maybe a system malfunction. Is Rysaffe there?"

"No, ma'am." the other guard said.

"O.K., come back, he will follow." Cam said. "Launch the gases."

"What were the gases?" I thought. I thought this was a good time to escape, but lugging along Raylen was hard. I tried to keep my grunting to a minimum, but it was hard. I walked the opposite direction, but I tripped. The guards turned around, then proceeded to yell code words into their communicators. All I could understand was that I needed to get out of there. I grabbed Raylen and sprinted out of there. The building was going into full lockdown mode. I saw a metal door closing to my left. I jerked Raylen under the closing door, then ran to beat the closing. I slid under, making it just in time. I picked up Raylen and jogged down the hall. I walked after about a mile of jogging.

"Man, this place is huge!" I yelled.

As I turned the corner, green gas shot from the walls. It was a trap. I saw the exit sign a couple yards away. I could barely breathe. I collapsed with my arm around Raylen.

****************************************************

I woke up in a deserted room. Fire was lit from metal chandeliers on huge marble pillars. I had been in this room before, but I couldn't remember when. I heard what sounded like music and yelling. I slowly walked towards the room. The door was crowded, but when I walked towards them, everyone made a path for me. They stood staring, afraid of me. The music had stopped, so did the yelling. 3 people stood on stage. It was dark on stage, but I could make up a girl and 2 boys. The girl stepped off the stage. I saw a couple of the guys on stand staring. She walked over to me.

"Hey." she said. "Been a while." I could tell now it was Raylen.

"Yeah, you don't know how long!" I joked.

"Oh, I know." she said. "Been counting." O.K. was Raylen that creepy? "Ladies and gentlemen, the person you've all been waiting for, Neville!"

Cheers echoed from every corner of the room. Then, a messenger ran, huffing and puffing, into the room.

"Neville, Raylen, permission to speak?" the messenger asked.

Raylen was the first to answer. "Not right..."

"I've got this." I said. "Permission granted."

"A message from the courts of King Grullon." he said. "They're holding a riot, just outside the palace, burning the towns, killing hundreds. They said to tell you to hold a meeting outside. Both of you."

Then, Raylen spoke to the crowd, "People of the palace of Grimes, come forth to help us, Neville and I. Attack when needed."

"I don't think that's a good idea." the messenger said. "Grullon said to come alone, for he has the palace rigged to explode if you don't."

"Neville, what do you think?" Raylen asked.

I thought for a second what I should do. Then, I got an idea. "People, surround the edges of the palace, the places Grullon has not covered, will be covered by us!" Cheers rang out. "By tonight's end, Grullon's blood and his follower's blood will coat the streets red!"

Just then, servants of Grullon entered the room. Grullon shortly followed.

"Hail Neville!" he shouted. "What is this talk about my blood filling the streets, coating them red, ending my reign?

"Your cruel reign has already ended!" Raylen spoke. "For at dawn, a war will have already begun, between your people and ours!"

"Ha!" he laughed. "You will be fools if you try to face my army."

"The only foolish thing it the thought of you beating us." I said.

As I said that, I was shot in the back. I pulled the dart out of my back. It was a tranquilizer dart. I fainted.