Chapter 31: Just Like Old Times... Kind Of

My friends surrounded me. I thought I was still in the tranquil state, but a minute later, I regretted my decision quickly. Dallas, Sean, Bob, and Elvin stood with Hailey, Cam, and Clarissa. I laid in a bed, wrapped in chains, next to Raylen. My gaze was hazy, but I could make out that they were doing experiments on Raylen.

"Raylen... Raylen... Raylen, wait, stop! What are you doing to her?" I yelled.

"Shh. quiet." Cam said. "Don't want to wake her."

I struggled to move. "Man, I can't believe I kissed her." I thought.

Suddenly, Raylen's eyes shot open.

"What is your name?" Dallas asked.

"Raylen Freddie." Raylen said. A shock came towards her. "Arugh!"

"What did you do to her?!?" I yelled.

"We programmed her to do what we want her to do." Clarissa explained. "If she doesn't successfully complete a task, we shock her."

"You can't do this to her!" I yelled.

"We just did." Bob said. "Guess who's next?"

"Why did you do this to them?" I asked Clarissa.

"It's what the boss wanted." she replied.

"Well, who's the boss around here?" I asked.

"I am." Cam and Clarissa said in unison. "What? I'm the leader! No, I'm the leader!" They sounded like pre-schoolers.

Cam ran straight for Clarissa. Clarissa threw her onto me, which broke the chains tying me down.

"No!" Cam yelled. "You let him loose!"

"Me?" Clarissa asked. "You're the one lying on the table."

They engaged again. Cam jumped up and threw a flurry of punches at Clarissa. The last one was a powerful punch that most likely broke a couple of ribs. Clarissa flew backwards. Bob and Dallas held Cam back, but she punched them away. I saw blue dust fly off them. I ran over to them. They stood up.

"Neville, what happened?" Dallas asked.

"You were just about to kill me." I said. "Are you back to normal?"

"I believe we are." Bob said. He checked the clock on the wall. "Wait, what day is it?"

"I don't know." I said. "My head is throbbing like crazy. Nevermind that, what do you guys remember?"

"Nothing." Dallas said. "The last thing I remember is being in a storage room."

Suddenly, Elvin came flying into me. Blue dust also came off of him.

"Elvin!" Dallas yelled. "Are you O.K.?"

He groaned. "Yeah, what happened?"

"Other then almost breaking my back, you were working for Cam and Clarissa." I said.

"Same as you?" he asked.

"No." I said. "Dallas and Bob were. I've been saving your butts. But, I've been saving the wrong people."

"Who's lying on the table?" Elvin asked.

"Raylen Freddie." I said. "My old girlfriend."

"She workin' for them?" Dallas asked.

"Not for long." I said, and I stood up and walked over to her.