Chapter Seven - 'Walking, Teleporting- Same Thing.'

Começar do início

"When was the last time you used your feet?" I teased, smirking. I felt an odd sense of thrill bantering with Super Psych. I would've expected myself to be all over him, questioning him, touching him. Fangirling. But I'm miraculously still functioning as if I was only just conversing with Tyler.

The slightest bit of his face is revealed when his hand trembles, the corner of his lip is quirked- he's smiling.

"I-"

Super Psych is suddenly interrupted when there's a knock on the door. I just about jumped out of my skin for the third time today. On the other side, we hear Jackie's voice. "How is the suit, dear?"

I panic for a good few seconds before I realised I didn't really have anything to worry about. I wasn't in the middle of getting undressed anymore and I definitely wasn't Super Psych- who had an identity to hide. I straighten my posture and turn back to him for confirmation, he moves his mask to make seem as if he were nodding. Like the lady I am, I snorted.

I open the door, "I might've gotten into the wrong, occupied room." I explain myself hastily, meeting Jackie.

Jackie is startled when she realises it is not, in fact, Super Psych at the door. Her face slowly morphs into a look of amusement. "Oh, my...how awkward." She chuckled before she pushed her head through the gap of the door, "Well, hows' it? Too heavy?" She continued to ask Super Psych, not bothering to question the situation I was in, to my utter surprise. What a cool woman.

"It's fine, thank you." He sounded sheepish, knocking his free hand against his armour. It sounded like metal, how heavy is that suit?

Jackie smiled, pleased. "Good!" She said before turning back to me, "Now, about that dress of yours- there's an additional piece of fabric I noticed that is torn off, do-"

"Oh no, don't worry about it. It's probably not that noticeable." I interjected kindly, In all honesty I wasn't expecting to have Elizabeth's dress fixed properly- I was kind of hoping that this shop wouldn't do to well of a job at first. Now I felt bad for judging the shop's appearance. Jackie seemed to be a very sweet lady, I felt as if I'd just insulted her.

"Y'sure dear? That dress is quite..."

"Revealing?" I smirked.

"Maybe a tad bit..."

"It's my fathers' wifes' dress." I explained briefly. The dress resembled much of a corset with ruffles, something never in a million years I'd be seen dead in.

"Ah."

Super Psych cleared his throat behind me.

"Do you two know each other?" Jackie suddenly asked, her eyes flickering between the both of us curiously.

"We've briefly met once before..." I explained.

"Oh dear, I never got your name! How rude of me!"

I make a dismissive gesture with my hand, "Call me Liv, I should've introduced myself earlier."

"Liv..." I hear Super Psych murmur. Super Psych now knows my name!

Jackie nods, her short greying curls bouncing, "Wonderful, now that we got the formalities out of the way, how'd you two meet?" There was a hint of playfulness in her tone.