chap28?

Madi pov

Unedited *

"No way in hell." This dude must be on the good kush if he thinks I'm going to therapy. Only someone high of their ass would think they have a chance of getting me in therapy.

"Madi." I'm on my feet, ready to storm off at the first sign of trouble. "Madi, please just listen. "

"No Jc! It's my life and it's my choice of I want help, which I don't need. "

" Madi I'm sorry but you don't have a choice in this! I'm tired of sitting here and watching you slowly kill yourself! You harm yourself because you've been so screwed from back home, so yes, you do need help! You think that we don't care, but when I saw you harm yourself again I didn't know how to take it because I care!" He has my face in his hands, forcing me to make eye contact.

None of it registers. Him actually caring? No one has ever cared enough to try and help me. Sure there's been the shitty school counselors who's only there because their pay check tells them to be, but Kian and Jc, they want me to get better. They want to help me even though I'm too scared to ask for it. Hell, I don't even know if I want help!

Depression has been my cover up for so long. I've lived in this veil of sadness for years, and I don't know who'd I be without it. For so long I've been so focused on just making it to the next day, that I forgot who I was. Depression doesn't just make you sad, it takes away eveything you care about so the only thing you have left is this shell of anger and sadness. I don't know how to deal with people caring about me because it's never happened before, so I do what I do best-- fuck everything up and run.

"Why won't you boys just leave me alone!" I make a break for upstairs, but Jc is faster. He grabs me around the waist and pulls me to his chest. Naturally, I flip my shit. I've only been here a few days and am still not happy with human contact. I try my best to get him off of me, but he's to strong. I eventually give up, no longer struggling, but not relaxed into him like normal people would do.
"I'm sorry but you have no say. Us boys have taked it over and think it's a good idea."

" So what you're saying is I have no say in what happens in my life? "

His arms grip tighter around me. "We're not trying to punish you Mads, we just don't want you hurting anymore. "

I want to scream and protest, but they'll never listen. How is it fair that a bunch of teenage boys can dictate my life choices? It shouldn't be their decision, and is most certainly not their problem. " Fuck you. "

He only sighs.

At this on point I know there's no use in fighting. I'll go, sit for an hour then leave. They can make me go but they can't make me talk. "Go get dressed, be down in 10 or I'm coming up." He turns me so I can look in his eyes. "No more."

He lets go and I bolt up the steps. Today's gonna be soooo much fun.