Chapter 26

Madi pov
Unedited * *
Maybe if I pretend to be asleep he won't wake me up. Logical, right? Who the hell am I kidding nothing is ever logical. Still, worth a shot.

I pull the covers over my head and close my eyes.

A soft knock comes to the door, with an ever softer voice. "Madi?"

The door is closed, but I refuse to move. Not today satan.

"Madi?" The door creaks open and a light shines on my face, making me want to move. I guess Jc realizes that I'm 'sleeping' because I hear scream murmur then a single set of footsteps. Calling in reinforcements I guess.

" Ahhh hell naw! " Well Trevor's home. "Gurl I know bad acting when I see it and Madison Dillon, you are one of the worst offenders. Now get up and talk to your uncle Jc."

First off JC isn't my uncle.

Second, my acting was good enough to convince these assholes into thinking I was eating, so suck my dick you floppy haired mess.

" I'll take it from here Trev, thanks."

"You boys are lucky I decided to sleep over otherwise this night would have been a flop."

"Madi, get up please, you don't have to hid."

Sucks for you, I never come down this easy.

"If you sit up right now you won't have to eat breakfast."

He never said I had to talk. Just sit up. And with a bonus of no breakfast? I'll take a risk.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"On Wishbone. Sit up now, no breakfast. "

Reluctantly I sit up, but I still refuse to look him in the eye. He has no real concern for me he just wants to help Ricky feel better. I will not fall for his trap, I will never fall for anyone's trap again.

"How long do you have to be here?"

He stalks over to my bed and sits on the foot. My careful eye follows every move, but as of now he poses no threat, so I let him sit there. Let him think he won, maybe this way I'll lose their interest faster.

He let's out a small laugh but thinks meticulously about the reply. I can see the planning in his eyes. Every word he will say will but fully thought out and planned, which must be hard at his brain capacity.

" How ever long it takes, kid."

A loaded question. Unlucky for him, I've master mind games. "Tell me what information you need so I can sleep." Keep it simple, keep it blunt.

" Tell me how your day was. "

"Just another day in paradise. "

"Huh." Calculating. "Well, if today was paradise please tell me what kind of paradise. Like a Hawaiian BBQ, or a Jamaican adventure, maybe a tropical vacation?" He asks, leaning forward to ballance on his elbows. I may have underestimated Cloud boy, but I'm still a force to be reckoned with. Years of practice isn't undone by a mop head, however, he is a worthy opponent.

"Hmmmm." I tap my chin, patronizing him just a bit. "Let's go with Hawaiian thunderstorm, you seem to enjoy clouds."

He glances to his wrist, and you can see the little cave man in his eyes turn the light bulb on. "You know why I got this tattoo?"

I pretend to think my hardest,just to humor him. "I'm gonna go with, you were drunk and lost a bet?"

For first time all night I look at him in the eye, the competition was gone, but the humorous look is still there. " I got this tattoo remind me that even on a day like a Hawaiian thunderstorm, the clouds really aren't that bad. They bring rain which brings life, and once the clouds leave, something better will stand in their place."

'Something better will stand in their place'

To bad a good day for me is a Hawaiian thunderstorm. Evey normal person would consider that a tragedy. A literal rain on someone's expensive parade.
But for some reason I have no comeback. For once someone said something and it didn't hurt. So instead, I chose to indulge myself in a comfortable silence.

"Madi I want you to know you can ask us for help. And when you finally accept that we're here to help, and here for you-- a better Madi will stand in the place of the sad lonely girl I've come to love." A long silence falls over us. How could he love me? He doesn't even know my birthday. He can't possibly care. Just remember this is all for Ricky's benefit. Not yours." Good night Madi. "

I say nothing, there's nothing to stay, but eveything to tell. The only problem is, I don't know how to tell.

He's already halfway across the room when I call out for him. " Jc." He stops, but doesn't turn. He knows I wouldn't want him to. "Your sass is king. A worthy opponent, maybe we could do it again? Only if you want to."

I can't see it, but I know he's smiling. "Just call my name Madi. Its been an honor to sass you. Call on me again and I won't screw it up, I promise." He shuts the door, but I don't move. I can't. Instead, I sit here, alone, in the dark. And as I slowly lose consciousness, the one line replays in the darkest parts of my head.

'Something better will stand in their place'

------------------------
Short and crappy, but at least I'm trying to update more! Next update will be better, thanks for sticking with me guys! Remember my inbox is always open. Have a good one!

-C