Chapter 1 - Alone

((I've started a book here on Wattpad naming the artists who've drawn for the story, so I truly hope you check it out and enjoy. Also, I always listen to music while I'm writing. Every song I choose plays a key part in the chapter where it's presented. While it's not mandatory to listen while reading, it's definitely highly recommended for a much fuller and more gratifying experience.

Artist: Halsey

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3OL0v2c7o

That said, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!))

Quiet...

.....Still.

Frisk opened her eyes, only to be met by a wash of blue..... Blurry vision began to abate, confirming her suspicions. Her brows furrowed in stark confusion. 'That's strange." She thought inwardly as she tried to rise, groaning and falling back into what she now realized was a patch of blue petaled flowers. Upon closer inspection, she soon noticed the oddest thing. Their stems, leaves and vines were all gray rather than green, and tiny red veins branched away from the center stem, sketching patterns along each of the strange leaves. Those facts alone made these the weirdest flowers she'd ever seen in her life. Still, their scent was another matter. It hung in the air like a fog; thick and heavy. The aroma was unlike anything her nose had ever encountered. Such an intoxicating bouquet, if bottled, would easily bring in a fortune. So taken with this new discovery, Frisk had almost forgotten about the dreadful aches she'd somehow found herself dealing with until she shifted. Every muscle she had was stiff with the intensity of someone who'd been beaten several times over and left to rot, only she didn't remember any beatings. Those same muscles screamed their silent protest with each subtle movement Frisk made. What had really happened? And for that matter, where exactly was she? When she tried to recall any details that might solve the mystery at hand, her mind would plead temporary amnesia and reveal nothing. None of this made any sense, and God only knew how long she'd been semi-comatose on the ground. She needed to know where she was to then assess which route she should take to get home. Sliding her palms down flatly on a few flowers, the ground began to sink beneath them when she struggled to rise. Another groan, only this one was much louder than the last. Her arms shook uncontrollably under the weight of her body, a gentle hiss escaping her lips as her form finally managed to stand  upright. Dusty fingers brushed against the soft knit sweater hugging her torso before her palms followed suit, clapping against the dirt filled black leggings she didn't remember even putting on. Wait... Frisk finally looked down at herself. This.... No. This was the off the shoulder red and black striped sweater she'd actually lost a week prior. How was she wearing it now?

"Hello?" she called out, but the only response she received were the echoes that bounced from the walls back o her awaiting ears.

Glancing down, she cocked her head off to one side. Why was such a small splash of color in such a desolate looking place like this l? Neatly cut, it was obvious that someone tended it regularly. She couldn't be asleep. This was far too surreal to be a dream.. Heavy lids covered a pair of wide hazel hues that were now scanning the rest of her surroundings. She was standing in what appeared to be a dank, barren cave.

Was she dreaming? No....

Against her better judgement, curiosity being one of her horribly impossible quirks, Frisk decided to take the small hallway that had previously been behind her. Slow footfalls made a steady trek toward a large, purple columned doorway. Everything inside was an inky black, save for the small circle of light streaming down from a hole in the ominously large ceiling. Small clusters of flowers seemed to follow her here, peppering the bit of floor she could see where the light gave way to another columned doorway.