Chapter 26: Pain

[Lucy P.O.V]

"We couldn't find any remains of him...he might have became ashes already, " Levy finally talked. Her face was filled with agony and my heart squeezed in pain at the sight of that.

A warm pair of hands squeezed my hands tightly. I looked up and realised its Natsu.

"Its all going to be fine, Luce. " He smiled at me. That smile of his stabbed my heart because it was not just any smile, it was a forced one. It must has been excruciating painful that Gray, his closest friend and his many other fellow guildmates died just like this......

Sadness overwhelmed me and I whispered to him, " Stop trying to act tough, idiot. "

"It hurts, Luce...my heart......I feel so sad and empty, Lucy. I couldn't save everyone......" He leaned against me. He was so vulnerable and weak now, very unlike his usual cheerful self.

Everyone rented a room to sleep at because most parts of the guild was in ashes. As for Natsu, I let him stay in my room since he didn't even care about that he has no place to sleep.

"Luce..." He muttered in sleep, "Today...I wanted to show you the treasures...and then..." 

Tears kept filling my eyes, my heart kept shattering again and again. I felt broken. It was so painful seeing Natsu like this. I couldn't even sleep. I stayed all night and took care of Natsu who suddenly had high fever.

✦*.:。✿* ✦ *.:。✿* ✦*.:。✿* ✦ 

"What should I do now, Luce? "  That sentence echoed in my head again and again. Are  we still carrying out our plan? Can we still do it with so many deaths?

"Hey I've warned you, " I heard a voice. Nashi Dragneel. 

"I was the one who set the bomb, " She smirked.

"How could you?! " Natsu grabbed her shirt, glaring at her with tears in his eyes.

"I already said, if you don't stop your plan from stopping the person from spreading the secret, I will definitely kill all of you here. Sadly, this time, I wasn't able to kill everyone. The next time, I will surely kill all of you. " Nashi smiled maliciously.

Natsu grabbed her shirt and raised his fist. 

"STOP IT, NATSU! " I yelled and couldn't understand why I defended Nashi Dragneel who killed almost all our guild members. Natsu froze at my words and everyone stayed silent.

"Don't try to stop me Luce, you know she killed Gray and many of our guild members......" Natsu said with hatred in his voice. 

"Who are you, Nashi Dragneel? " Levy asked, raising a paper, "Your DNA matches Natsu's. I am 100% sure you are related to Natsu now. " 

"I don't need a beast like you as a relative, " Natsu hissed fiercely and I shivered. Nashi looked slightly taken back at his words but quickly recovered.

"The bond shared, forgotten..." Nashi muttered and disappeared, leaving ashes behind. 

[Nashi P.O.V]

Water fell from my eyes. I touched the liquid, and whispered, "These are tears? "

Huh? Am I...feeling sad?  This feeling seemed so foreign to me. Not just this feeling, every feelings are foreign. 

A sharp pain throbbed my head. I don't have much time left. I need to be heartless and end everything at once. 

I shook my head. Never mind about that. This power is ruining me. Every trip takes away 2 years of my life. I should make full use of it next time instead of just wasting it over selfish desires.

My vision blurred for a second and my ears hurt. My body can't take it anymore......

I think I collapsed.

"Nashi Dragneel, " A voice woke me up.

"I'm sorry I failed the mission, " I sat up and flinched. Despite the fact that Rega and Gabi are of different genders, their similarities in looks are uncanny. Twins are indeed a miracle in this world.

"Take it easy, Nashi, " Rega smiled gently.

"I know you're hesitating to kill our parents, but...for the sake of the world, everything can be sacrificed, " Gabi said coldly.

"Including our friends? " I whimpered. 

"Jurei's existence was erased because I killed Gray Fullbuster, " I gripped the blankets. 

"You didn't killed my father yet, Nashi. " Jurei appeared at the door smiling cheerfully. Tears appeared at my eyes and they streamed down my cheeks continuously. She is still...there......

"REI-CHAN! " I jumped on her, hugging her, my emotions which were kept in my heart were poured out at that instant.

"What's happening— " Eraru stomped into the room, "Naaashi!~ You're back! " Her anxious voice changed to excited squealing.

"Aru-chan! " I exclaimed, my eyes lighting up.

"Geez, seriously stop causing such a ruckus every time, Aru, " Jeaeru folded his arms, rolling his eyes. 

"You looked scary as usual, Nashi. " Aru smirked and I blushed a little. I hate the fact that Aru is younger than me; even only by months.

"This is how I look like, seemed like I have no choice, " I grinned.

"Just smile more, Nashi! Also, your red lipstick slays! " Eru exclaimed and I giggled.

I've just realized, meeting my friends, no, they're more than friends, they're my family, brought back my emotions so easily.

-End of Chapter-

I know I introduced a lot of new characters, but I promised I'll explain who these characters are next chapter! Sorry the names are weird lol.

Also, thank you for 50k reads, it broke my personal record so I'm pretty happy about it. Thank you for reading and supporting this book!  <3

Though, please remember to comment because I love comments!! >o<