Chapter Nine: Natsu You Idiot

A/n I've heard that Zerephs name is actually spelled with an 'f' so please excuse the other mistakes. I'm to lazy to go change them. So after this chapter his name will be spelled with an 'f'

Grays POV:

Gray walked into the study hall, giving up on trying to find Lucy. "Hey Gray..." Erza waves him over, a bunch of people where gathered around her.

"Woah, who did that!?" Gray asked, seeing the burns in Lucy's arms. "Can I please try to heal them Lucy?" Wendy asked, tears where obviously trying not to fall.

"No. It's fine, I'll be alright. Loke said he was going to help me out, so dont worry guys." Lucy smiled at everyone.

"Who did it?" Gray repeated.

"Natsu..."

Natsus POV:

"Did you seriously hurt Lucy that bad?" Gildarts sat on his desk, holding a glass of something.

"I didn't know okay... I thought she got out of the way." Natsu was feeling guilty already, first Makarov and now Gildarts.

He didn't know he hurt her.

"Why did you burst into flames if you knew it would hurt her?" He asked, looking at Natsu kindly.

"I thought it wouldn't effect her...Gray can resist it, so can Erza." He shrugged, "So I thought, maybe she could."

Gildarts sighed, "She's a Celestial wizard, not an Ice wizard, who can handle flames." Natsu sighed.

"Now you better go apologize to her before everyone comes beat you up." Gildarts stood, walking toward the door with Natsu.

"Just be more careful okay?"

Natsu nodded, walking out and into the empty halls.

Lucy's POV:

It was time for some P. E. Which was her time off of classes. She really wanted to go home, her arms where so sore.

But she wanted to see Natsu, she wanted to tell him that she was okay and that he shouldn't blame himself.

Lucy knew that something was up last night, since Zereph seemed to be panicking as well. She also wanted to know why they where so scared, why she needed to leave so suddenly.

"Natsu!" Lucy saw him sitting under a tree, not playing football like the other guys. He looked up, his eyes wide.

He jumped up, holding his hands out, "Lucy I'm sorry, please just...i think its best if we just... You know."

He was stuttering and trying to melt in to the tree.

Lucy walked over to him, giving him a hug. Even though it hurt her arms. "Don't worry about it, it's okay." She smiled up at him. But she could tell Natsu wasn't convinced. He rubbed his neck, taking a step back.

"If... If you say so... But maybe we should keep our distance...I don't want to hurt you anymore..." Natsu chocked up, glaring down at the ground. Lucy stared at him, completely shocked. "No Natsu! I still wanna be your friend! Don't let this small accident get in the way of our new friendship." She took his hands in hers.

Natsu was actually crying now, and Lucy didn't say a thing. She knew he was probably having a tough day.

He leaned his forehead against hers, "Thanks..."

Grays POV:

"Wow, look at that loser..." Gray smirked, watching with Gajeel at the little scene. He felt bad yelling at Natsu a little earlier, seeing him cry now was making him feel worse. Gajeel shrugged, "He should be glad he has such a good friend. I would've pounded the guy into the ground."

Gray nodded, tossing the ball next to the others. They walked toward the locker rooms where Laxus waited. Erza was standing next to him in her armor. "Alright guys. Mid-finals are done, but now we gotta work toward finals. Where going against the Grimwar Hearts school, and they are cheating basterds."

Everyone nodded, "I'll tell Natsu this as well, but we need to be practicing ever minute we get." Erza said, before turning and walking out with Laxus.

"When did Erza get to come into the guys locker room?"

....

A little later, Gray walked down the hall, throwing his backpack around his shoulders. "Oh Graaaaaaaay!" He sighed angrily.

Juvia came up to him, smiling and having huge hearts in her eyes. "I saw you practicing, you looked so good!" She giggled, tossing her hair aside. Gray glared at her, "Gee thanks. And why weren't you off playing in the kiddy pool?"

She laughed loudly, "Oh you!" She smacked his shoulder, making him more angry. He didn't know why she made him so pissed, maybe cause she stalked him...

He walked out, Juvia at his heels. He headed toward his house, remembering Lyon was waiting for him. "Gray! Can I walk home with you!" Gray had enough.

"Listen Juvia! Leave me alone! You're more annoying than Natsu and it's pissing me off!" Gray snarled, before turning around, "Obviously I don't love you. So go find someone else."

He walked away, not looking back at Juvia, who was practically dying inside.

Erzas POV:

Erza walked down the sidewalk, when she heard someone crying. She looked around, trying to find the source. She looked at a puddle, where she saw Juvias face. "Are you okay?" Erza asked.

Juvia turned human, she was practically a mess. "Y-yeah... My love just said some horrible things to me..." Erza raised an eyebrow, "Gray said something mean to you?" Juvia nodded, whipping her eyes.

"I'm gonna fucking kill that brat."

Gajeels POV:

He really enjoyed working at the diner. But don't tell Levy, she'll make fun of him. Now he sat in Levy's room, the cutie tucked in his arms while she read a book. He was excused, Erza made him come over to her place and play with her dad, which he regrets.

He was drifting off when Levy giggled, "Did Erza run you dry?" He blinked, but smirked at her, "Yeah she kinda did." Gajeel had to compare himself from a while ago tell now. He was a jerk, and he still was, except to Levy. He had one weakness now, but it was a good one.

Levy leaned her head on his chest, closing her book. "Jet and Droy seem to like you..." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Yeah, but I don't like them..." She laughed, looking up at him.

"Never mind, I don't like you anymore." Gajeel smirked, "Well I never liked you anyway." He kissed her forehead, making her blush.

"LEVY!" They both jumped when someone yelled her name. It sounded like Lucy, so the two had no time to jump apart before she threw open the door.

"Hey I was-OH SHIT SORRY!" Lucy's eyes where wide, and she turned around, walking back out into the hall. Levy jumped off her bed, running after Lucy.

"Where's Jet and Droy?" He heard Levy ask. "Still downstairs but they looked like they where done cleaning up." Levy sighed.

"They would never let this down if they saw what you did." Lucy laughed, "Gajeel would just beat them up." Levy giggled. Gajeel crossed his arms, was he really that bad?

Gajeel jumped up, grabbing his backpack and walking out into the living room, "Hey, I think I'll be heading over to Lilly's. I'll see you tomorrow." Levy nodded, but walked forward, placing a kiss on his cheek before he left.

He closed the door and heard Lucy scream, "Holy shit you guys are so cute!"

"SHUT UP LUCY HES STILL THERE!"

Gajeel smirked, and made his way to Lilly's.