Nineteen

"Hey Elizabeth, want to come to the bar with Steve and I tonight?" Bucky asks eagerly, bursting into my tent with Steve on his heels. I set my pen down and turn to look at both of them. 

"Why are you going?" I ask.

"We just wanted to go out and celebrate all our successful missions as the Howling Commandos." he says proudly. I smile and look at Steve, who's also smiling. 

"So, what do you say Elizabeth?" 

"Fine. Just give me a minute to change." I give in. 

"We'll be outside when you're done." Steve says, dragging Bucky out of the tent. I shake my head as I look for something to wear. 'Boys.' I think to myself as I change.

"Took you long enough." Bucky teases when I walk out to meet them. I just roll my eyes and take Steve's hand in mine. 

"Be nice Buck." Steve laughs. 

"What? That was me being nice!" he gasps, faking offense.

"Stop being children." I laugh. This causes them both to look at me and gasp. 

"We are not!" Bucky defends. 

"We would never!" Steve adds. 

"Oh please." I laugh again. Steve smiles at me and pulls me into his side as we walk. 

"How are we getting there?" I ask when I see that there aren't any trucks waiting outside the camp's gate. Steve and Bucky share a smirk before they both walk away. 

"What the hell guys!" I yell, beginning to follow them.

"Just stay there Beth. We'll be right back." Steve yells over his shoulder as he and Bucky walk back into the camp. I huff out in frustration and cross my arms over my chest. A few minutes later, I hear the sound of running motors come up behind me.

Steve and Bucky ride up next to me, each one on their own motorcycle. 

"Oh no," I state, backing away, "There is no way I'm getting on one of those." 

"Then how are you going to get to the town?" Steve asks innocently. I glance at the road, then back at him. 

"I'll walk." I state. To prove my point, I cross my arms over my chest and begin to walk down the road. I hear Steve and Bucky ride up beside me, never leaving my side. 

"It'll be faster if you rode with one of us Elizabeth." Bucky calls out. 

"No thanks." I answer, never turning to look at him. I faintly hear Steve sigh before one of the motorcycle's engine's cuts off. I keep walking as one of them keeps riding beside me. Then, all of a sudden, someone's arms wrap around my waist. 

"Hey! Put me down!" I squeal, trying to kick them. 

"Steve, stop moving!" Bucky yells from behind me.

"Put me down Bucky!" I yell as he walks up to Steve's bike. He casually sets me down behind Steve as Steve revs the engine. 

"Hold on tight baby." Steve laughs as he takes off. I squeak, almost falling off the back. But I wrap my arms tightly around Steve's waist just before I do. 

"Steve!" I whimper, burying my face in his back. I can feel the vibrations from his laughter so I reach around and slap his arm. He swerves the bike slightly, causing me to cry out and hold him tighter.

I hear a laugh come from beside me so I peek out from Steve's back and glare at Bucky. He shrugs and speeds up, passing Steve. The two then pursue to race each other until we reach the town. As soon as I feel Steve stop the bike, I get off and storm into the bar, with Steve and Bucky trailing behind, laughing.