Chapter Two: The Teachers

Lucy's POV:

Lucy walked into Mr. Gildarts class room. It went up really tall, the walls covered with some weird looking cover, "Hey, What's on the walls?" Lucy asked Natsu, who was taking a seat in the back.

"Gildarts power is to practically destroy everything he touches. He's super powerful so they keep the stuff on the walls so he doesn't blow up the entire place." Happy explained, who was floating next to Natsu.

"Hey, don't you have other classes?" Lucy asked the small kid. Happy shook his head, "I go everywhere with Natsu!" Lucy didn't question it any further, she sat down next to the two, and waited.

Mr. Gildarts walked in, his black cape billowing out behind him. "Hello everyone." He sat on his desk, looking at everyone. Some people trickled in late, which he ignored. Lucy thought she was going to like Gildarts, he seemed to be calm over everything. Which is strange...

Erza walked in late, she walked to the front, and sat down. Gildarts nodded, "I'm glad everyone could make it. Now, this is going to be a project, but no picking your friends this time." Gildarts took out a clipboard, reading off names. "Lucy, you're with Natsu. Erza, you're with Jellal, and Mystogian...You can be on your own." 

Lucy looked back at the twin brothers. Jellal was more popular with everyone, but Mystogian was always quite and to himself. Lucy heard they where quite powerful and S class wizards like Erza. "Loke, if you keep hiding behind those girls I'll kick you out again." 

The kid smiled, leaning back in his chair, "Sorry, Mr. Gildarts." 

Lucy turned to Natsu after Gildarts was done explaining the assignment. "So, should we meet at your place around Wednesday next week?" Natsu nodded, leaning back on his chair. "Yeah, sounds good to me." Happy looked over at a girl with white hair and a very serious face, "Isn't she pretty..." He sighed, love hearts in his eyes. 

"Yeah, but also kinda scary..." Lucy commented. Erza suddenly slammed her hands down on Lucys desk, "Hey, would you like to come over tonight for dinner?" Lucy smiled, "I'd love to, but I have some-"

Erza didn't let her finish, "GREAT! See you at 5:30." Erza walked into the back of the class, Jellal waving at her as she neared them. "Erza likes to do that a lot." Natsu smirked, seeing Lucy's startled expression. She sighed, shaking her head. Gray walked over to Natsu, he looked a bit put out, "What's up ice breath?" Natsu asked, noticing his sudden discomfort.

"I'm teamed up with Juvia..."  Natsu and Happy busted out laughing, Happy falling off Natsu's desk. Gray punched Natsu with his ice, glaring at him, "It's not funny!" Natsu held his sides as he laughed, "Yes it is!" Gray grabbed his scarf, throwing him off his seat. 

"THAT'S IT ICE BOY!" 

"COME AT ME FIRE BRAIN!" 

The two got out in a fight, making Lucy plan out the whole project.

Levy's POV:

Levy clenched his fists, she couldn't believe she was teamed up with someone that scared her. Gajeel Redfox. She jumped when he sat next to her, he folded his arms, glaring at her, "Uh, hey..." Levy whispered, twisting her hands. Gajeel noticed her behavior, but ignored it, "Let's meet at your place. Whatever time." She nodded.

"How about Monday next week? Let's say...Let's see I get off work around 6 so, 6:30?" Gajeel raised an eyebrow, but didn't reject her idea, "Yeah whatever." He stood up, walking away. She huffed, squeezing her hands together. Levy looked around, seeing Lucy writing something down in a notebook. 

She walked over, sitting next to her, "I can't believe I was pared up with Gajeel." She huffed, looking back at the corner he sat in with Panther Lilly. "Don't you like him?" Lucy asked, she looked down and sighed, "He actually scares me..." 

Lucy nodded, "Yeah, he kind of scares me too." Levy groaned, leaning her head on Lucy's shoulder. Droy and Jet walked over, "Hey sis, what are you so down for?" Jet smirked, bumping her. Lucy looked up at her brothers, "And who's this?" Droy asked, smiling at Lucy. "Are you flirting with my new best friend?" Levy growled, making them step back and laugh awkwardly. 

Lucy smiled, "I didn't know you had brothers..." Levy nodded, "We work at my dads diner. Hey, you should stop by soon." Lucy nodded, "Not tonight, Erza already invited me over, but tomorrow might work." Levy smiled, clapping her hands. 

"So I heard you got stuck with Gajeel." Jet said, glaring back at the iron guy. Levy nodded, covering her face, "I swear, Mr. Gildarts hates me sometimes..." Droy laughed, "Don't worry, I bet he'll be a pretty cool person once you get to meet him. Levy shrugged, looking back at Gajeel. 

Surprisingly, he was looking back at her as well. 

Gajeel's POV: 

"I can't believe I got partnered up with such a pansy." He huffed, sitting next to Lilly. Lilly smirked, "Levy right?" Gajeel nodded, glaring at her. Lilly looked over at her as well, "She's quite pretty you know." Gajeel scoffed, kicking his boots up on Lilly's desk. 

"She couldn't even say a word to me without looking at the ground." Gajeel looked at Mr. Gildarts, who was watching Salamander and Gray fight. "I swear, he hates me." Lilly shrugged, "I was teamed up with Wendy. She's a sweetheart." Wendy was quite a young wizard, but she was smart and had a huge heart. 

"She's a pansy as well." Lilly punched Gajeel, shutting him up. Gajeel looked back at Levy, who he found looking at him. Her annoying brothers where glaring at him as well. He hated them. He hated Levy, he hated her brothers, he hated how everyone was so nice. 

He hated everything. 

He looked at Lilly, who was looking at the fight going on. "Do those two ever stop." Gajeel shrugged, looking away from Levy. Lilly smirked, "You should go join." Gajeel smiled, jumping up and walking over to the two idiots. 

"HEY ICE KID, FIRE HEAD, I'M JOINING YOUR STUPID FIGHT!" Gajeel smacked Natsu, who rounded on him. 

Now this is what he didn't hate, fighting.