Chapter 18

I ran off into the night, hoping no one would find me. What am I doing? Why was Natsu acting like he didn't know anything? In which, he doesn't. All I could picture doing was finding my way throughout the night and somehow me being changed.

"Lucy," said a voice from behind. "I was wondering where you were." It was Erza. I could tell she was wearing her night vision armor. She was always a sister to me. "We missed you so much."

"Erza, but—"

"I know," she says. "I know and we are sorry." I frown, sadness overcoming me. "I wouldn't have left you if I had any control over myself. I didn't at all. In fact, I was being controlled by someone more powerful than Gildarts himself!"

My eyes widened. More powerful than Gildarts, Cana's dad? "Who was it?"

"Darko—"

She was cut off by someone in the forest. I could sense exactly who it was. Zeref. "Do you sense that?" I ask.

"Yep," she says. "Is it Zeref?" I nod, worry filling my insides. All I could do was hope to do nothing no one else could. Could it possibly be that they all tricked me into following them? At that moment, all of the fairy tail members somehow found me(even the old ones).

"So, you were being controlled?" Levy asks. "That makes a lot of sense now." I sigh, staring at the ground. How could we have been tricked into all of this? I feel so much like a fool that it is unbearable. Natsu grabs my hand and hugs me.

"Luce, I'm sorry," he says. "It's all my fault." I don't notice it, but he kisses me. At that moment, I relax and calm down. "I hope you can forgive me soon."

"I already did," I say. "Erza explained it all and it makes so much sense." I smile, happily staring at them all. If Darkon figured this out, then I would be dead. I betrayed his guild and forever will be a betrayer.

"Let's take off these stupid marks," Gajeel complained. All of us took off the dark guild marks and put back on our fairy tail marks. Right now, I feel as if I have been set free from a prison. Even though I have all of those dark powers, I feel fine and free. Mira and I basically have the same exact powers.

I built a secret hangout and then all of us went to sleep in there. Surprisingly, my fairy tail friends had nothing to do with any of this. And, I feel much more free than ever. It's like I have been controlled this whole time and now I am free once more.