Chapter 2

"These donuts are amazing!" Judy exclaimed with her mouth full. Nick looked at her with a smirk on his face. "I'm glad you like them fluff." She eyed him happily, then popped another donut in her mouth. Nick reached over and grabbed one before Judy could stop him and shoved it in his mouth. Judy groped at his arm, laughing.

"Hey, you bought those for me! No fair!"

Nick laughed through his half chewed mouth full. "Your gonna cause a wreck, carrots! Anyways, sharing is caring, is it not?"

Judy sat back, still chuckling. "We better get back to work and see if Bogo has any new cases." Nick nodded and drove through a parking lot to turn around. Judy leaned back into the seat, sighing contentedly. Nick glanced over at her, smiling. Judy looked back at him.

"What is it, Nick?"

"Oh, nothing,"

"Oh c'mon, I know it's something."

He looked at her again. "I'm just...glad that we met. You changed my life, you may have even saved it."

Judy stared at him, opened mouth, a shocked expression on her face. She hadn't been expecting such a deep answer. "Th...thank you, Nick." The fox smiled. "No, thank you."

They arrived at the ZPD and walked inside. They were greeted with a hello by a few cops, then walked up to the main desk. Benjamin looked up at them.

"Oh, hey guys!"

Judy smiled. "Hi, Clawhauser!" Nick nodded.

"What can I do for you?"

"We were wondering if Chief Bogo had any new cases for us."

The cheetah looked thoughtful for a moment, then nodded his head. "I believe so. Let me call him."

Judy smiled again and waited for the answer.

After a minute, Benjamin put the phone down. "There have been two reported grocery store robberies, Klucken's Pantry and Odelia's Vegan Food's."

Judy frowned. "Klucken's was one of the stores robbed by that teen we brought in yesterday. Do you think there connected?"

"I don't know. We better get going."

The two animals waved goodbye to the cheetah and headed out the door.

They had been walking for two hours, gathering information, looking over evidence, but they had found nothing substantial. Judy groaned in exasperation. "Whoever committed these robberies, committed them good!" Nick chuckled. "You better watch what you say, carrots. You wouldn't want the ZPD to hear you talking like that." Judy elbowed him playfully in the gut. "Shut up,"

They went into a sandwich shop to get a late lunch, then strolled down some alleys to make sure no one of distaste was hanging around. They were part way down a long alley, deep in chatter, when a car appeared around the corner before them. It stopped, blocking them from moving farther down the alley. They watched for a moment, confused, when another car came up from the opening of the alley. They were trapped.

They drew they're guns, standing back to back, Judy facing the car blocking the entry to the alley, Nick facing the other. "Who are you?" Judy hollered. A large wolf emerged from the car, eyes gleaming. Another wolf stepped out of the other. Judy and Nick stared in confusion. "Who are you?" The bunny yelled again. The wolves glanced at each other, then advanced upon the two cops.

"Judy, run!" Nick exclaimed, aiming at the leg of the wolf coming his way. Judy ducked under the wolf after her, turning and kicking his groin. "I'm not leaving you!" she yelled. Nick pulled the trigger of his gun, trying to hit the wolf's paw, but the larger creature was too quick. He leaped up and landed on all fours, a paw on Nick's gun. He struggled to loosen the gun from the wolf's paw as he reached for the foxes shirt, but stopped when he heard Judy yelp. He turned towards her, eyes wide in worry. The wolf had her by the ears, a gun to her head.

"Relax, fox, and no one gets hurt." Nick glanced at his gun, then back at his dangling partner. Her eyes seemed to plead, "No Nick, no. Just fight, save yourself. It'll be okay." Nick thought for a split second, then relaxed his grip on the gun. Instantly the wolf pick him up by his shirt, grabbing his arms and holding them behind his back. He began to carry him towards his car, while the other wolf carried Judy towards his.

"Nick! Nick!" Judy called frantically, struggling against the wolf, who was now holding her by her legs and arms.

"No, no! Judy! Carr..."

The fox was cut off. He had been thrown into the trunk of the car, the hood slamming down.

"Nick!" Judy screamed one last time, tears flowing down her cheeks, as she too was closed into the back of the car.

The cars pulled from the alley in unison, and began to drive to their destination.