Chapter Three: Blue's Brothers

Forty-five minutes felt more like two hours, but at least there was good music. Father Dean let Sister Elena pick it out. She picked Led Zeppelin and he seemed surprised and impressed. As they pulled into the driveway of the house, the song "In the Light" ended. That song always helped Sister Elena through her low periods. She didn't have low periods like most. Sister Elena had bipolar disorder along with anxiety like Charlie. She used to say "I have bipolar disorder." Overtime though, it became a part of her; something that she couldn't separate from herself.

She listened to Led Zeppelin in the low periods. At the beginning of the song, it says

"And if you feel that you can't go on.

And your will's sinkin' low just believe and you can't go wrong.

In the light you will find the road. You will find the road."

She found the last line perfect for driving on the road with the two brothers. She liked the road so far. She hoped the road would never end and that Agnes O'Henry's house was just a short stop.

Typical. It's her first time exorcising a demon, and the house they go to practically looks like a haunted mansion. As Father Dean got the things out of the trunk and handed them to Father Sam, he said "I hope you're prepared for what's about to happen. It can get pretty ugly. Just stay back and watch."

"Why? I thought I was here to help," Sister Elena said, somewhat annoyed. She chided herself; they knew what they were doing.

"You are, Elena - Sister Elena," Father Sam said, "We just want you to watch for this first one so you'll understand what's going on for next time. We don't want to put you in danger."

"Alright. What can I do for now?"

"Hold the holy water and the spell, uh, prayer book. Careful though, that's our mom's book," Father Sam said. He handed her the book slowly, looking her in the eyes. Their hands touched.

Briefly, Sister Elena's head hurt badly and she thought she saw an old woman with a pearl necklace and a snakelike face throw Father Dean against the wall. She had looked down from the pain. When she looked up, she met Father Sam's eyes. She had a feeling they had similar looks on their faces. They had dropped the book. Sister Elena quickly bent down and picked it up.

Father Dean was already at the door. He turned around and said "You two ex-lovebirds ready to get this show on the road?"

They didn't say anything, just walked forward. Father Dean rang the doorbell. No one answered. "You two check the windows." As Sister Elena turned, she could have sworn she saw Father Dean give his brother a pointed look. She suddenly felt Father Sam's hand on her lower back, guiding her forward. It gave her chills even though it was meant to be protective.

They didn't see anything in the windows, so they went back to the front of the house. Father Dean was standing in the doorway, putting something in his pocket. He shrugged with a sly smile on his face and said "It was open." Father Sam rolled his eyes, seeming exasperated.

They entered the house. It was dark, so she could only see the outlines of shapes. The furniture looked covered, and the room was empty except for that. Father Dean turned on the lights, but that didn't do much good. They started flickering. Sister Elena knew that was normal for this type of situation, but she was still scared.

They walked through the living room and into the kitchen. When she reached the fridge, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around; it was the same face she had seen when she touched Father Sam's hand. It's eyes were black and it had strong, distorted facial features. It was the old woman, Agnes O'Henry. Father Dean had shown her a picture, but she looked different. All this went through Sister Elena's mind in the second before the demon knocked her out and she saw black.