Chapter Six: Leaving

"Elena. Are you sure?" Sam asked for the fourth time.

"Hey man, I'm all for it, and you probably don't want to piss her off again," Dean said, picking at the scab Elena gave him under his chin.

"Dean. Pull over." Sam started to say more, but Dean interrupted.

"Alright, alright. Don't get your panties in a twist." Dean pulled over.

Elena and Sam got out of the car and walked a little ways into the grass. She never had put her veil back on and she had rolled up the sleeves of her habit. "Elena, I was with you a long time. We knew each other really well, I mean, really well. I remember what your manic phases are like. I know the signs. I remember what you would do. I just want to make sure you aren't making a rash decision. Look, I'd love for you to come with us, but..."

"It's okay. I'm okay. The medicine that I'm on really helps. This feels different; it feels right. It felt good to spend so much time in prayer, and I know I was doing good things through prayer, but this. I can do so much good doing this. I know I'm meant to do this. I killed that shapeshifter easily. I wasn't scared. Oh, and I don't take crap from anyone. I don't know what else to say." She was so self-confident. The only thing she lied about was being scared. She had been a little scared.

"Fine, but can you just, I don't know, wait a day?" Sam raised his eyebrows.

"I already have. I, what's the phrase? I slept on it. I gave you your time and I don't feel any different. I'm doing this Sam."

"Fine. I'm tired of fighting. Let's go."

"Did you have fun feeling all your feels, ladies?" Dean asked smugly when they got back.

"Just get in the car and drive," Elena said.

"Wait a sec," Dean said and gave a half smile.

"What n-" Elena started to stay before Dean cut her off with a kiss, an amazing kiss at that.

"What the hell, Dean?" Sam yelled; he started coming at Dean.

"Hey, hey. Relax, little brother. Just trying to defuse the tension. She just needs to relax, that's all," he said, still smiling.

"You know I'm still a nun, right?" she sighed.

"Oh, I know." He winked.

Elena stood on the balls of her feet and whispered into his ear "I'll be coming back for more in a few hours. Just know, I have limits."

"I can deal with that," he whispered back.

• • •

And a few hours later, she walked out of the convent in the t-shirt and jeans she entered it in. She held up her arms in the air and smiled widely. She went straight to Dean and jumped into his arms. She wrapped her arms and legs around him. Of course, physical affection wasn't why she left the convent, but she had obligations there that she couldn't fill if she went on the road with Sam and Dean. Joining the convent was never a mistake though. She knew that she needed to have the experiences with the order before she moved on.

Dean put Elena down and Sam spoke up. "I assumed that when you left, you were going to come back to me, if anyone." She turned to him and he put his hand behind her back and pulled her close. He took her hand. She whipped her head back, looking at Dean flirtatiously. He smiled and winked. She turned back to Sam, shrugged, and then kissed him more passionately than she ever had. She bit his lip like she used to, assuring him without words that she was with him for the long run.

They'd been so absorbed in each other that when they broke apart, Dean was already back in the car. He started up the engine and yelled out the window over the music "Come on! We've got a case."