Chapter Thirty-Five Erik

Beginne am Anfang

When I look across the table I see Luna smiling gently at both of them, if anyone knew if they were meant to be it was her.

"Don't worry Bridge we're going to find something... It takes patience and time,"

He sighs heavily again. "I know, I'm just anxious because this is the guy who tortured and nearly killed Winston, Ara, and was also the guy who held Köngin captive for all those years keeping her from coming home along with some of the other people who have seemed to be involved with the reason she left in the first place. I just feel if we don't catch them it wont do anyone justice." I hear a soft growl come from him. "They need to pay."  

Jewels on his other side leans down and whispers something into his ear, this causes him to slightly look up and grimace at her, as well as place his hand over her own.

Right then the server at the tavern we'd decided to take our break at came with our food.

"Here you go Alpha, Beta... let me know if you need anything else,"

I smile. "We will, thank you."

The waitress blushes and nods before scurrying away.

"Alright, everyone dig in. After this we'll head back home for the night and hope that Ara and Winston have found something, if not we'll try again tomorrow."

When I start eating I hear someone hesitating to approach me, the same person who'd been looking at us the whole time we'd been here. It was an older woman by the scent but not too old. Just maybe in her late forties, who ever she was she was definitely not from around here.

"You feel that?" asks Orion.

"Yeah, Let her approach us... we'll soon know if she's a threat or not." 

"Right..."

Ten minutes more and then her footsteps begin approaching us again but this time with more confidence and they don't stop until they are directly behind me and then a hand lightly taps me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me..." says a soft yet firm voice, she had a slight accent as well.

I turn around to face her, wiping my mouth lightly. "Yes? How may I help you?"

She pulls down her hood revealing brown hair streaked with grey and sun kissed skin. Definitely not a person who was native to these lands. Her eyes were brown as well but they were kind and wise. "I heard that you were looking for someone named Nightshade, I might be able to help."

Everyone at the table freezes and looks at me and then back at the woman.

"All I can tell you is the Shadow, you want the Shadow. But that's all I can tell you here. I fear that we are not alone it's not safe to talk here. Meet me tomorrow in the town square, come alone and we will talk."

I raise one eyebrow. "And why should I trust you."

She smiles. "You shouldn't but I'm the only lead you've got, besides if what I've heard about this kingdom is true then I've no chance against you."

This makes me smile she has spunk. "Alright... Can I have a name?"

"Marie,"

"Alright Marie, I'll see you tomorrow then." I tell her.

With that she disappears into the crowd like smoke.

"What do you think, Köngin?" asks Bridge.

Luna doesn't respond.

"That's you,"  I tell her.

Her eyes widen slightly, before answering. "Ah, yes... I believe that we can trust her. She has an honest soul."

I nod. "Let's prepare to head back then."

They make noises of agreement.

"Erik!" says Ara's voice urgently.

"What is it, what's wrong?"

The rest of the group has noticed that I have frozen, Orion looks at me with an inquisitive gaze.

"It's Elder Leopard... He's dead..." 

I look at Bridge, Luna, Orion, and Jewels.

Shit.

***

Hello beautiful people! I hope that your morning is going well and a Happy Mothers day to all! Thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! But there is something that I need to announce, sadly our time with the wolves is coming to a close. It is the final countdown I'm afraid. But anyways until next time, and as always don't forget to comment, vote, and share this story. I really appreciate it! Until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230