Chapter Thirty-Two: Erik

Luna.

This person had seemed to take over every aspect of Amelia's body, but in the past couple of hours I've been around her, you could tell that it was a completely different person in her body, the way she moved, her facial expressions, and even the way she blinked were all together different than those I'd come to know from Amelia.

Currently we were both sitting in a room that was usually reserved for large meetings and events such as the ball that was held in the princes honor. Currently she was looking outside of the window in the room that faced the garden. The multicolored glass casting colorful reflections of light across the floors and her.

"This garden is beautiful," she turns to face me. "Don't you agree, Erik?"

I sit in the chair across from where she was standing. "It is... But you promised to answer my questions."

Her slight smile fades as quickly as soon as it had come. "Yes, of course... Please, go ahead,"

I sigh. "Who are you?"

Her gaze once again returns to the outside window and she holds herself arms wrapped around her frame her hands resting on her elbows. Her stance familiar at the slight slant in her hips as she puts more weight on one leg than the other. But I could see the differences even more now, Luna's posturing was a bit more straight than Amelia's and the look in her eyes was a bit older, ancient. Amelia's had always been that way, just a little bit older and wiser than the rest of us.

But this, this was something else primal.

"I've been known by many names, Luna, mother of the moon, The first wolf..."

The first wolf... so that means... 

"By the Goddess..." I whisper.

Luna chuckles, her head turning to me the light catching her eyes and showing the silver shimmer that magnified her presence and even making the tattoos seem even more in place. "Yes, that's me..."

"How?"

"My vessel, I mean Amelia, she's very special... Part of my bloodline or rather that's not it. She's my reincarnation."

"Reincarnation?" I ask slowly.

She nods as if it were a completely simple thing. "Yes,"

"But why?"

"I sense great peril in this den... I can sense that from Amelia's memories... she feels turmoil..."

I stand up from my chair. "Is there anything else? Like who she suspects it is?"

She sakes her head, "I am sorry but no, that is clouded even from me."

I sigh.

There is silent between us for a moment but then she clears her throat a little. "The m-man I struck out at earlier, who was he?"

"Ah, the Prince?" 

Her hands fly up to her mouth, her eyes widened. "I attacked one of my descendants? I must apologize, I didn't realize who he was,"

I slightly smile. "I'm sure he would like that very much, he seemed very concerned with your wellbeing."

Her head cocks to the side causing some of her hair to tumble around her. "I noticed that, but why is he so concerned with her?"

"Well... because they're mates," I tell her a little awkwardly.

Her wide eyed expression soon turns into a smile, but it was an expression that I'd seen many times on Amelia's face it was a smile but a sad one. "So the cycle never stops... the crazy things you'll do for love," she mutters softly.

"What?"

"All in due time, I don't think it's my place to explain."

I wanted to argue but the look on her face told me that there was no room for argument and she wouldn't budge on her position on the fact otherwise.

"Well what should we do now? Should I try and blend in?" She asks.

"As much as I hate to say it, rumors have probably already spread from the castle, we just need to make sure you don't attract too much attention as possible, but do try to act like Amelia does."

She nods. "I think I can do that, I sense that Amelia trusts you a great deal, so I trust that you'll protect us."

Us?  

Before I can even question what she means, the doors open and a guard comes inside. Luna slightly flinches and looks away from the guard going back towards the window.

"What's the meaning of this, we were not to be disturbed." I say approaching him.

"I apologize Alpha, but his highness sent me to fetch you, they've returned with the fugitive Van."

My wolf immediately begins growling as the images of Amelia from the night we found her, the man who'd done those things to her. He was here right now in this building, along with Amelia. I look at her as she stands by the window, her eyes wide and confused.

Innocent.

I turn my head back towards the guard. "Take us."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey, Guys! Sorry that this chapter is a little shorter than you used to! But I hope you stilled enjoyed it none the less and I hope that I'll be back with a longer chapter next time round which i hope to be. I think I'll be able to update more as this school year comes to a close! Don't forget to leave your thoughts down below, vote, and share! Until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230