Chapter Five: Amelia

It has been three days since I practically went off on Erik.

Three days since I went off on my Alpha.

Three days of avoiding him.

It was getting near impossible to keep it up, something had to give and looks like it was going to be me one way or another.

I have yet to apologize and its been eating me up inside, because I realized my mistake after I closed the door to his office and gotten to my room where I proceeded to curse myself endlessly. I don't even know why I got so mad, he was simply using me since I was at his disposal. I am an asset, just like he said.

So why did I get so upset?

Maybe it's because I wanted him to see me more than as just an asset... just something that he can use... But I'm even lucky that he considers me of use after what I've done to him, to all of them...

I continue my pacing up and down the hallway and I know people that pass must think I'm going crazy or something.

I'd been pacing up in front of the staircase for a good thirty minutes now, debating wether or not to go up the stairs. I didn't know what to say and I felt a simple sorry wouldn't suffice for my behavior. Whenever we were in the same room I could feel his stare cutting into me like a knife every time he glanced at me.

The tension was so palpable that you could taste it in the air.

"Damn it!" I shout hitting the metal railing next to me making it shake and making a couple people walking by walk faster. I exit the room and stalk over to one of the pillars that had one of my favorite views in the whole entire castle. The gentle snow fall making me relax the littlest bit.

I sigh.

"You seem to be in a deep brooding mood, it's keeping everyone away..." Says a male voice.

I turn around to meet Winston, a palace servant who I had the pleasure of making acquaintance the day before yesterday. Winston is a tall and skinny fellow, he had a really funny sense of humor and dark blue eyes That could almost rival Erik's, he has short black nearly curly hair and pale skin like most of the natives, I was the exception though. He never ceased to have a smile on his face either. Appearance wise he's good looking in a cute, goofy way.

"I thought I smelled sarcasm." I tell him as he approaches.

He makes a mock confused face. "That's weird, usually people tell me I smell like handsome." He says smiling.

I scoff and then smile, shaking my head.

He comes and stands beside me. His hands folded behind his back. "Contemplating the snow?"

"No... just trying to figure out what I should do..."

"In regards to our, Alpha?" He asks.

I look at him. "How..."

"I'm a servant, things get around. Not to mention that I am his as well as the princes, I noticed the behavior change." He shifts his weight a little and continue to speak. "I could tell something had been bothering our Alpha for the past three days, he's been more silent than usual and a lot more grumpy."

Oh, I know how that can get...

"You're both pretty straight forward people, just apologize. Ask to speak to him privately, he needs to have his mind in the right place, as do you if you're going to be help guarding the palace."

"For once, I'll have to agree with the big eared idiot for once. The Alpha's thoughts are compromised and we can't have that." Says Arabella, walking from behind a pillar, her arms folded and her ink black hair tied into a braid.