Chapter Four: Erik

Finally another update! I'm sorry for being late! >_<
Please enjoy!
//////////////////////////////////
The messenger I'd sent to retrieve Amelia returns to tell me that she would be down shortly. I turn back to observing the cubs in front of me, all of them warming up for the training session ahead. Snow blanketed the ground still, so it's a good time to practice take downs and endurance. To see how long they could last in the cold. In wolf form they may be able to withstand the cold easily but the human body needs conditioning as well.

They needed to learn not to rely on their wolves so much, and to only use that power when absolutely necessary.

"What are we going to teach them today?" Asks Orion.

"I thought we'd work on their endurance and do a little sparing... And there's the perfect person to help with that here."

"Her?" He says surprised.

"Yes, why not use an asset while you've got it." I say.

And then the smell of roses and water enters my nostrils, a strangely warm smell among the cold region that we lived in. But it was a smell that no one could ever forget and certainly one that I've never forgotten.

No matter how much I've wanted to.

I turn my head to see Amelia approaching, dressed in training gear. The top made of leather and fitted into the form of a vest her bottoms pants that are tucked into her boots. Her light brown hair is down around her and her hazel eyes meet mine as she greets me.

"Alpha..."

"Amelia."

"You called for me?"

I turn back to the front where the Cubs are still warming up, but I can tell that some of their attention is now tuned to Amelia. "You're going to help train the Cubs."

"Putting me to work already?"

I choose to ignore the comment.

She sighs softly. "What will you have me do, Alpha?"

"You're going to help Orion, and help them work on their endurance and self-defense in human form."

"Not wolf too?"

I shake my head. "They are long away from that day in which they can take Orion and you on in wolf form."

I could practically hear her slight smile.

"Of course sounds good."

"Aren't you cold? You're legendary for your resistance to the cold, but even you should be having a tough time right now."

I was in a long sleeved shirt with another thin layer on it and I was feeling a bit chilly.

Her smile disappears and there is a shift in the atmosphere. "Being on the outside, made me have to adapt more to my surroundings. I got used to being cold and alone." She cuts the connection, looking away from me.

I turn away as well not knowing what to say. "Alright, cubs listen up!" the whole court yard becomes still and quiet, much different from the first time that they were here and it took me several times to get them to pay attention. "Today you'll be training with Orion to work on your endurance and fighting skills, in human form."

I can see the disappointment on their faces, and I remember my own training days when this one arrived.

"No complaining, now find a sparing partner." As they move I add one more thing on to the end of my sentence, I could see their eyes flickering over to Amelia uneasily as they moved around. "As I'm sure you've noticed, Amelia will be joining Orion today in training, don't be afraid to as her questions. She doesn't bite..." I smirk. "That much."