Chapter Twenty-Three: Leonardo

Here's for all of you Leo lovers out there! Please enjoy the chapter! Tell me if I should do more things like this in the future. 

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The past couple of days have been a whirl wind, I'd found my mate and announced it in front of the council. Something that I never intended to do in that fashion it just came out, my instincts overcoming my reason when the guards started to take Amelia away about to send her to The Pit a place that she certainly didn't belong. All I know is that I started seeing red when they began dragging her off, but I still had the restraint not to rip their heads off.

The most surprising part is that she confirmed it when she could have rejected me, my worst fear.

And now as I look at her lounging on the love seat in front of my large windows the sunlight coming straight through onto the seat, when I look at her I still can't believe that she's the one for me. This whole time, though I always thought that the one who would be her mate would be the luckiest person in the world.

Never in the world did I think that it would be me, nor did I think that I was fully worthy of her.

I walk over to where she was sitting to see that she was asleep in the chair, her brown hair glimmering in the evening light and even a little messy as some of it covered her face. Her breaths come calmly her pink lips parted ever so slightly, she'd pulled one of my blankets over her and I was a little excited since I knew her scent would linger long after she'd left. This close I could see the slight freckles that covered her face, I've heard her complain about them before but I thought they were adorable.

Shadows are casted on her cheeks from her eye lashes further extenuating her cheek bones.

I brush the hairs that had fallen into her face gently back into place, she stirs slightly under my touch sending little electrical quivers through my hand. She sighs, her breath slightly fanning across my hand. Brushing back the strands of hair brought my attention the markings on her skin, all of them elegant they looked like they belonged on her as if they are apart of her not placed unnaturally for decoration.

They appeared after she answered my mother it seemed that our union was to be blessed by the goddess herself. Though the tattoos also brought unwanted attention towards her I saw other men looking at her, not that they wouldn't look anyway my mate is gorgeous and the dresses she wore now only emphasized that fact.

Some times I just wanted to throw a blanket over her or give her baggy clothing to wear.

This tested my patience greatly.

I could sit here all day and watch how peaceful she looked.

I lean forward and place a soft kiss on the tip of her nose, she makes a slight noise and her nose wrinkles and then her eyes open sleepily, she blinks a couple of times showing me her hazel eyes which currently looked green.

Another thing I loved about her.

"Hey..." I stroke her hair. "Did you have a good nap?"

She nods slightly smiling and stretches out sitting all the way up and smoothing down her ruffled hair and pulling the blanket up with her. "How long was I out?"

"About an hour..."

She laughs. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to do that..."

"No, it's okay." I assure her. "Besides, it was pretty cute."

She lowers her eyes.

She still hadn't gotten used to the complements I would give her and it turned her bashful and shy whenever I did it. Which is part of the reason I did it.

"It's good that you've found a place where you're comfortable after all in a couple of days this will be your room as well."

She looks at me wide eyed again and then her eyes down cast again. "Yes..."

I take a seat in front of her on the the love seat and use my hand to gently bring her head back up towards me, I see her slightly shiver at my touch. "What's wrong?"

She sighs. "Just... a lot happening so, quickly is all. I guess I'm a little anxious."

Suddenly there is a knock at the door and I sigh telling them to enter. Amelia stands up immediately out of my grasp as Erik approaches.

"Your highness," he says bowing and then he looks at Amelia his gaze slightly softening. "My Lady."

"Erik..."

My eyes narrow. "What is it you require?"

His attention returns to me. "I was sent to retrieve her by the order of the Queen."

Amelia turns her head towards the window. "It is that time already..." She drops the blanket from her shoulders revealing the rest of her tattoos on her body as well as the Sun that is in the center of her shoulder blades. She turns to me smiling sweetly. "I'll see you later."

I take her hand and kiss it gently. "I'll await your return."

She smiles once more before going to Erik's side and taking his offered arm.

"Your Highness..." He bows before departing.

I nod.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

I hope you enjoyed this perspective from are favorite lion, as always thank you for reading! Please don't forget to comment, share, and vote for your favorite chapters! Until the next time! ^_^/ The song above is: Meant to be, by Two Steps From Hell! 

Also I have a Twitter! Flowereader2301, is my user name! Please follow me there for updates on my stories Q and A's and other things!

-flowereader230