Chapter Twenty-Seven: Amelia

"Van." Says Leo pacing in front of the bed. "The same man that supposedly had Amelia."

Winston nods but every so often he would get distracted and look around the room a little bit, Ara stood beside him her arms crossed and jaw clenched. She was livid since the moment that she called us here and I could tell she was ready to hunt Van down herself and then skin him and leave it for all to see.

Erik stands in a corner of the room not saying anything and just observing along with Orion.

Leo growls. "Then we'll have to retrieve him, he has the crime of capturing and harming one of the royal palace's trusted servants as well as harming the future Luna of this land." His jaw clenches when he says that.

I touch his arm and he relaxes slightly putting his hand over mine.

I turn to Winston. "Is there anything you remember? anyone you remember Van making deals with? I do remember how he loved to make a deal, especially if you had some use to you..."

Winston nods. "I heard him talk to someone a couple of times, I never saw who it was. But the voice definitely belonged to a male and it seemed that the other guy was looking for someone."

"Anything else?"

He shakes his head. "No, sorry..." But then his eyes light up, "But, there was this kid I met. Jay was his name, he mentioned that he was looking for you Amelia."

"Really? He wasn't one of Van's, he starts them early."

"Not judging by the way he was helping me fight them off when we got separated... I hope he got away alright..." he says making a fist around his covers.

"Is that so, then we'll try and locate the boy... and I'm assuming you didn't find your friend."

"No, and I'm sorry that I came back with virtually nothing."

"No, you're fine. It's better to have you back with us alive with the information you currently have, than having you dead and not knowing what happened to you." I tell him.

"Amelia is right. Erik how fast can you have a team out to look for him?"

He steps out of the corner that he's been in. "Within the hour, your highness."

"Great, prepare them and retrieve Van." Says Leo.

"Sir." Says Erik. "Orion, let's move."

"Wait." I say, both of them stop to look at me.

"What is it Milla?" asks Orion.

"We have the upper hand on Van as of now, by the wound he inflicted on Winston he did not expect him to make it back here alive. We have the element of surprise for now so I think that it's safe to say we can wait a night and let us all get rest before going after him." I sigh. "We're all tired and I don't think that I would be best right now to go after him right now..." I look at Erik. "Do you agree, Alpha?"

He stares back at me his blue eyes un-normally flat as he gazes at me, he looked beyond tired. There was something about him... almost as if he was dead.

That concerned me.

It could lead to reckless actions.

"If that is what you wish, Luna then I have no choice but to agree." without another word, he turns and exits from the room.

"What's wrong with him?" asks Winston, confusion strewn across his face.

"I don't know," I murmur.

"I'll have to agree with Amelia, everyone get some rest and we can bring up this issue in the morning." States Leo. "I'll go bring this to my father," he kisses me on my cheek, "I'll see you in the room later." he whispers.