Chapter Two: Amelia

The snow crunches underneath my feet, I'm injured and surrounded by men, Van's men. I can feel the warmth of my blood running out of me. The pain of each breath against my broken ribs the cold only seeming to intensify each injury.

The stench of each individual fills my nose, their unwashed bodies mixed with sweat.

The smell of the other girls fear on them.

It pissed me off.

Van's hand comes to my chin and it takes everything I have in me not to use the little energy I have left and bite his hand off. He reeked of pestilence. "So, my little puppy what's it going to be?"

"Go to hell!" I snarl at him.

He scoffs and raises a hand to hit me but then a scent hits me, one of the winter pines, clear and crisp.

Erik.

I jolt up into an upright position grabbing the wrist of a person who was getting ready to touch me. I let out the deepest growl I can make at the moment.

"Where am I?" I ask making my grasp tighter around the woman's wrist.

The woman looks at me, completely un-phased by my behavior. "You're in the clinic in the royal palace. You were brought here with life threatening injuries by the Alpha and his team." She moves her hand around in my grasp.

I look around the room to see that her statement is indeed true, I am in the clinic at the royal palace. The scent and walls still familiar to me even after three years.

"Now is this any way to treat the woman who raised you, Milla?" says a female voice from beside me.

I turn and look at the woman next to me and really look. Warm brown eyes and black hair that is nearly completely silver. Her scent too, of cinnamon; warm and welcoming as her personality. My eyes widen and I immediately let go of her.

"Mutter! I'm sorry." I look over at her wrist looking for any signs of bruising. "Did I hurt you?"

She laughs, waving me off. "Its fine, my little alpha. I'm glad to see you up and moving." She pours me a cup of water and hands it to me. "You've been out for nearly a week, I'm surprised that you woke up when you did..." her voice softens down to a whisper. "When they brought you here, you were on the brink of death and losing so much blood. Jewels didn't know if they'd made it back in enough time to save you."

Suddenly she hits me slightly against my head.

My wolf slightly growls and whines. "What was that for?"

She looks at me slight anger in her eyes. "You disappear for three years without a word to anyone, and then the next time I see you. You're on your death bed for heaven's sake!" she crosses her arms. "So excuse me if I'm a little cross."

I look down at the clean sheets, it had been forever since I had seen anything like them. "I'm sorry..." I whisper.

She sighs slightly. "I know you are, knowing you, you have your reason for leaving and you'll tell us when you're ready." She pulls out some of my clothes from when I lived in the palace, I'm surprised they still had them. "But just because I forgave you so easily doesn't mean the pack will. You've hurt them, left them without a leader for a long time and-"

"I know." I cut her off, I couldn't stand to hear her list my past mistakes with the pack. "But I won't be here long enough for them to have anything to forgive."

She just looks at me, not giving a response to the statement. "Do you think you're strong enough to walk?"

I nod. "Why?"

"Good. Get dressed. I was ordered to send you to the royal throne room, the moment you awoke and before the den stirs. Now get going." She says walking away from the bedside.

I swing my legs over onto the side of the bed preparing to orient myself.

She suddenly stops at the door. "Be careful and behave, my little Alpha." She whispers.

"I'm not an Alpha anymore... there's no need to address me that way."

A moment's pause. "Then be careful, Amelia."

"Always."

She's gone.

***

The walk down to the throne room is an awkward and slow one, partly due the fact I had lost a lot of blood and hadn't walked in about a week. Plus the additional fact that everyone who walked past me stared. So, by the time I reached the throne room the two guards who slightly jumped at my appearance didn't surprise or annoy me.

"Good morning, Alpha." They both say awkwardly, not knowing what else to say, before opening the doors.

I smile. "Good morning, O'Brien, Brauner."

The first sight that greets my eyes is the royal family. I slowly go onto one knee, though my injuries were for the most part completely healed, I was still sore when I tried to move around. "My King, Queen, and Prince."

"You may rise." Says the gruff voice of the king.

I do so. "I would like to thank you for your hospitality, I will take my leave before causing you anymore inconvenience." I curtsy slightly.

"I'm afraid we can't let you do that," says the prince.

I raise my head. "Have I done something wrong, your highnesses?"

"Amelia, dearest. You're one of our most valued Alphas, you disappeared three years ago without a trace. And now we want to know what happened." says the queen. "This will always be your home, there is no reason to run anymore... we want to help you."

I smile.

These people just don't know when to give up.

"I'm grateful for my lady's concern..." the smile falls from my face. "If it is the wishes of your highnesses that I stay, then I will."

Their faces light up with hope.

"But I cannot take back as my position as an Alpha, I will not cause any more disturbance than I already have. If this does not please you, I will humbly ask for my leave or... I will do whatever you command."

I can see the king thinking what I said over. "Since you will not take back your command as Alpha and we cannot allow you to leave here on the grounds of desertion of your duties. You will remain here as part of the Wolfe-Ritter under the command of Alpha Erik, until the time your sentence is read."

"Yes, Your Majesty." I bow and turn to leave the throne room.

"Amelia, welcome home, and know that the position as an Alpha will be open for you... when you're ready." The king says, just before I'm about to exit.

I turn to look at him. "Thank you, I'll keep it in mind."

After making it out of the throne room and into a corridor where no one was, I felt as if I can finally breathe again. I felt as if I was drowning while I was in that room under their stares, but I had made it out of the water and onto dry land.

But now that I've made it onto land...

"I've got to face the wolves..." I whisper, looking out of a window at the glistening snow that covered the surrounding area.

But for me the sereneness of it all only foreshadowed the storm I am about to face.

I was about to be thrown to the wolves.

////////////////////////////////////////

Whoa! Chapter two! This one is little bit shorter, but don't worry there will be more soon. Please tell me your thoughts below in the comments! Until next time! ^_^
The song above is Vogel im käfig from the Attack on Titan soundtrack.
-Flowereader230