Chapter Seventeen: Amelia

Hey People! Happy Holidays! I hope you're having a fantastic winter break and are able to relax before we all have to head back! But for now I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year if I don't see you before then! Enjoy the chapter! ^_^/

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After finding out that Winston had indeed sneaked out of the castle nothing really changed for the rest of the castle. But I could tell that Erik was worried and even his royal highness. Surprisingly as well I noticed that Ara seemed a little distracted as we talked this afternoon.

Could she actually be concerned about him?

"And that's when we found Winston's body out in the woods..." I say.

Ara slightly jumps and turns to me her one good eye glinting. "What. What did you just say?"

"I thought that would get your attention."

She mumbles and turns her attention back to the scenic landscape watching as the sun sets over the mountains. Giving the landscape a slightly orangish glow, the setting sky beginning to meld into pinks, blues, and violets. The first star shines brightly in the sky and the moon was taking over for the sun.

"Are you actually concerned about him?" I ask her.

She turns towards me with a stormy expression, though there was a light red dusting on your cheeks. "No. Why would I be worried about that idiot." She faces away from me again and wrings her hands together. "He's a grown man and if he decides do something as reckless as this without thinking about the consequences for himself and those who care about him, then so be it."

I cross my arms and give her a questioning look. "Not worried, huh?"

She glares. "Alright, alright. I'll admit it I'm a little worried, you've seen how weak and frail he looks. Plus he's out there with no weapon I'm sure," she scoffs and sits up a little straighter, "not that it would do him any good anyways seeing as he has no formal combat or weapons training."

I smile.

"And he didn't think about those creatures out there they could take him out in an instant and no one would know what happened to him. Didn't he think about that?!" she throws her hands up in the air.

"I didn't know you cared that much for him."

Her eyes shift around as she has a slight frown on her face, but is soon relaxes into a more serious but open expression. "Can I admit something to you? In all honesty."

"Of course."

"You promise not to tell?"

"May I be thrown into the darkest and coldest tundra if I should utter the words spoken between us."

"Winston, he's the first person, male, to treat me like a normal person. Like I'm not weak. Or like I'm something repulsive when he sees my scar or my eye cover. He doesn't seem scared of me, he actually makes me laugh, I feel happy for the first time since I came to the palace. And I'm scared." She turns her whole body to face me. "I don't know what to do, whenever he complements me I want to say something nice back to him... but all that comes out are snide comments and I see the light in his eyes dim when I do." she sighs, "But despite that he always greets me with a smile and his full attention."

"Well Ara, it seems like you have quite the dilemma on your hands." I sigh, "But I don't think I'm the one to help you with this issue. I can barely socialize myself and let's not even get into my relationship with potential mates."