Chapter Thirteen: Erik

The next couple of days didn't seem to get better with each passing day the killings showed up without the intent of stopping, getting more violent and gory. What ever was doing this seems to be moving in closer to our territory. The whole situation has got everyone in the castle on edge and I noticed that the pack is also wound up. During the week Arabella, Orion, Amelia and I had to break up a couple of fights involving pack members.

One of them surprisingly including Bridge.

He was not an easy person to rile up, so I knew things were bad.

Though the most affective of us at breaking up fights seemed to be Amelia all she had to do is growl lowly and immediately everything stopped. Every wolf in the area had their tails between their legs as she stared at them.

A skill that I've always wanted to learn from her.

One that she was supposed to pass down to her Beta.

But tensions were a little bit easier now that the Silver falls had gone back home to make sure the same things weren't happening in their kingdom. But they said they would return in a couple of months to help solve this problem and maybe even a possible solution.

Over the past couple of days after they left Amelia was even quieter, it wasn't as if she was in a bad mood. She just seemed in thought a lot of the time that anyone saw her. Even Ara made a remark that she seemed distracted during their training sessions.

Another thing I've noted is that the prince, while agitated like the rest of the castle seemed to be, was hanging around Amelia. Every time I went to find her he was there or when we did meet up his scent was mingled in with hers.

My thoughts lately seemed to be muddled... and I don't know what to think of it.

I take a look around at the interior of the castle, my lone shadow being cast by the moonlight coming in through the windows. Something catches my eye, a person leaning against the wall looking down at the courtyard through an open window. The chilled winter air coming through lightly.

Familiar brown hair gleams in the moonlight.

Amelia.

"Thinking about leaving again?" I ask stepping out of the darkness.

Her eyes glow slightly as they look at me and then she turns back to the window sill. "Why? Coming to stop me if I am?"

I step in beside her. "If I have to."

She smirks slightly. "Spoken like a true Alpha." she gazes at me, almost analytically. "What happened to the Beta I used to know?"

"He had to grow up in the absence of his leader."

Her slight smirk falls again and she returns to gazing out of the window. "What's got you up this late at night, Erik?"

I'm surprised to hear her address me by my name without me having to ask her.

I sigh joining her gaze outside of the window. "Everything, my mind won't stop working. The past couple of days have not been easy on anyone... what about you? What's got you pacing the halls?"

"A lot of the things that you've just mentioned... as well as some personal issues." she turns away from the window and gazes at me again. "There are some days that I'm not sure who I am anymore or what I'm going to be." She says, her voice a now softer whisper.

I stand and listen, surprised at the fact that she was admitting things like this.

"There's a storm brewing and I am not sure that any of us are prepared for it... something very wicked is coming this way."