SepticPlier

I called it.

"I'm sorry Jack but....i just don't like you that way....."

"Heh....it was worth a shot." I chuckled softly to myself.

I never thought rejection would be that painful...but i can't mope about it forever.

It's been two months since I confessed to Mark and we haven't really talked alot since then. I knew he wouldn't like me like that but damn did it still hurt.

I'm currently laying on a hill, watching the sunrise for the first day of summer. The memory still played in my head but at least I stopped crying about it.

"It's really beautiful, ain't it." I smiled to myself as the sun shines.

"It's really is." I jumped as I turned around to see Mark.

"Huh..why are you up early?" I chuckled.

"Felt like it." He walked over and sat down next to me...a bit too close if you ask me.

"Well your are right about the sunset being beautiful. I'm suprised that you're up this early, you're not really a moring person like me." I joked.

"....I'm sorry."

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm sorry I rejected you." He looks down.

"Hey its all good. I got over it...i think....but it doesn't matter. You're not gay and i can understand that. Hehe, i called it that you wouldn't like me anyway." I smiled as I looked at the sunrise.

"Jack..." I could here him faintly.

"Besides we don't have to be in a relationship to be together. Friends until the end, right?" I patted his back.

"...could you looked at me for a sec?" He asked.

"Uh...sure thing." I shifted around so I was facing him. Mark kept staring at me with his glasses on.

".....i knew it." He said, out of the blue.

"Knew what?" I asked.

"....i can't stop thinking about you."

"What do you mea-!" Mark pulled me forward and put me into a hug.

"I can't stop thinking about you! God damn it...Every. Single. Day. I can't stop thinking about your smile, your laugh, your eyes, your voice, everything! And it...it drives me insane..." I felt tears on my jacket but I didn't pull away.

"And...the look on your face when I...rejected you...i just couldn't help but feel guilty! Seeing you walk away with no emotions just hurted me.."

"Mark....are you... falling for me?" I pulled away a little and wiped his tears away.

"Am i falling if I don't want you to leave my side?" He sniffed.

"It's your choice on how you want to feel Mark. You just gotta make sure you're certain about what your feeling." I smiled softy at him. He looks up at me with tears and hope in his eyes.

"Is it too late to take back what I said?" He whimpers. I pulled him into another hug.

"It's never too late to take that back." I whispered with tears about to come out of my eyes.

I suddenly felt a kiss on my cheek and looked at him with a suprise look on my face.

"S-sorry. I'm not use to uh..to this." He shyed away, which was very cute.

I chuckled softly and kissed his cheek. "We'll take it slow. Okay?"

So Jack actually accepted the denial but Mark feels different after that....that's a story I wouldn't mind reading. XD

Ka ki te ano.