I'm sorry.

Toby POV*
I came back after SlenderMan told me to. I just, couldn't control my self. Maxine is like my sister. I couldn't lose another one. Not after that terrible incident. The day my sister died. I didn't think I'd ever want to take care of someone so much until Maxine came into my life.

Yes there's Sally but she prefers Eyeless Jack more. But when Maxine came, I was cold.

It all started that night she couldn't fall asleep and SlenderMan was out killing. She was there whining. And I was afraid of picking her up. She saw me when I entered her room and she reached her arms out to me. I twitched before picking her up.

I usually twitch every 30 seconds or so, I was afraid I'd hurt her. But when she snuggled into my arms... I didn't twitch at all. I couldn't help but smile. I felt happy. Pure happiness and I hadn't felt something so pure in my life since before my sister passed away.

I continued walking to the birthday party being help outside of the mansion. I arrived at the guardian initiation. Ever creepypasta and proxy sat in a circle. I sat in between Eyeless Jack and Jane.

"My dear children, it brings me great pleasure to know one of you will be the guardian of my precious daughter. I know she will chose well. Although Jeffrey has only been here for a day, he will be joining as well." SlenderMan said as he placed Maxine in the middle. The smile that was once on my face disappeared the moment he said Jeff will be joining.

Maxine sat up and looked around. Her gaze immediately landed on Jeff. He was next to Jane. I began twitching uncontrollably. She smiled and began crawling.

Everything became silent when she began to crawl. I closed my eyes and lowered my head. Far to hurt to see the rest. Tear silently flowed down my mouth guard to my pants. For what seemed for ages, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked to my right and saw Jane. She nudged her head forward and I looked.

And there she was. Maxine. I quickly picked her up and every ounce of sadness that consumed me vanished.

"I'll give my life for you. I'd do what ever it will take to ensure you're safe." I whispered as I carried her.

"It seems as my daughter has chosen well. Toby, I am in trusting you with her. I know you won't let me down. Now let's all go get some rest tomorrow is a big day."

Everyone began walking to the mansion. I was about to say something but noticed Maxine was peacefully asleep.

"SlenderMan... is it alright if Maxine sleeps in my room tonight?" I murmured quietly.

"Yes my child. I trust you and it seems as Maxine does as well. Have a good rest."

I walked into the mansion and up to my room.

Gray and a nice pale blue. Unlike the others, my room is quite clean. Two drawers on both sides and and king bed next to the window.

I set Maxine on to my bed and she looked at me. I slept on the other side of the bed. My eyes slowly closed until I felt someone tugging at me.

I turned around and she instantly crawled to me and snuggled closer.

For a 1 year old, she developed fast.

"I love you Maxine. I won't let anyone ever hurt you.