Dad...?

SlenderMan Pov*

Maxine's first birthday is arriving soon. Less than 5 months. She's been giggling and babbling nonsense for the past few weeks. Crawling, waving, clapping. She's developing fast.

Toby has been taking care of her when I'm out killing.

Sally has been dressing her up and as well became quite fond of her.

Ben, Jane, Eyeless Jack (my very many murderous children) all love Maxine very much. It's surprising what a baby could do to murderes.

What is worrying me most at the moment. Is her physical appearance. Her hair burgundy one day and pitch black the next. Her cage mouth there one day and gone the next.

Toby believes The Creator has come by when Max is asleep. But I would know. I'd sense his presence.

It doesn't make sense though. Him visiting max and not killing her despite her being human.

But she also survived the burn. Her mouth. Most human babies wouldn't handle such degree of a burn that well.

*crash*

"THAT WAS MAX!" Toby yelled.

I leave my studies and walk towards the living room.

I walk in on Max clapping and laughing while Toby picks up the pieces remains.

I pick her up, rage filling my face.

"Da...da.. da-dada" Max says happily.

Those words. Not even Sally calls me that. She calls my slendy or father. But never... 'dada'.