Chapter 33

Jace POV

It's 12 A.M and all I've been thinking about since I woke up is what happen basically a couple hours ago. I was really being romantic and all that stuff. Lately my mind has come to a conclusion that I have feelings for my best friend. I've always liked Maeve but it's like every time I would see Riele I get like this tingly feeling when I see her and more protective every time I'm with her. But last night! I couldn't control myself! It's like the guard that I had to cover my feelings for Riele just let me down. I wanted to kiss her, I really did but I had to make a smart decision. I know that Riele dosen't like me, she only sees me as a best friend, I'll never have a chance with her. That's why I agreed to go with Maeve. Now that I know she can be a controlling freak, I have no interest  for her. So now my mind has been thinking about Riele. All about Riele since I woke up. Riele. Riele. Riele. Her smile keeps on flashing in my mind. Her laugh. Her beautiful laugh. When she sleeps it's the funniest but cutest thing to see. That day when we watched the season finale of The Flash together and she had on her Flash shirt, while I had the Flash beanie. I tried to watch reruns of The Flash but that was dumb because it's a show we love to watch. I couldn't enjoy it when my mind was thinking of Riele's beautiful face, her beautiful dark-caramel complexion blending in with her face. And her hair. Never seen hair so curly, so spirally, so beautiful. I smile at the thought of when Riele was mad at me when I kept on touching and putting my fingers in her hair but it was even hard because her hair was so thick. My intention was to massage her scalp but I failed miserably. But I did annoy her and bruh, Riele looks so adorable, it just makes you want to get her mad purposely.

But when I called her baby last night, it was different then when I usually say it. The way I look at Riele is so different now, and I want to tell her how I feel, but I know that  she doesn't feel the same way. Ri and I have always been best friends the moment we met each other on set. I don't want to ruin it because of the way I feel about her. I come out of my thoughts when I hear the doorbell ring.

Riele. Didn't expect to see her. It's too soon, my guard is not up so I may not be able to control my mouth. "Hey......" She says giving me a weak smile. "What's up, chica, my girl, my homie, the girl that I go all the way back from!" She looks at me weirdly and I scratched the back of my neck. "Um, yeah, let's sit down." I say nervously. Why are you nervous? This is your best friend! That you hangout with almost every day! We sat their in silence, until I broke it and said, "What's going on Rie?" I asked her even though I totally know what's going on. She takes a deep breath. "Lately, you've been really huggy, and romantic and sweet, and you've been a nice gentlemen lately, what's going on? Is there something you need to tell me? Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! I guess I'm going to just have to be honest with her. "What do you mean? I always do that. And what do you mean romantic? There's nothing going on." I move uncomfortably on the couch. Or not. I may not be so honest after all. "Ok. You've just been acting differ met and I need to know what's going on." I don't know why, but I was raising my voice at her. "What are you talking about?" I stand up looking at her. "YOUVE BEEN ACTING VERY UNUSUAL AND DIFFERENT THAT YOU USED TO...ESPECIALLY AROUND ME!" We were going back and forth yelling at each other until I just came out and said it. "PROBABLY ITS BECAUSE I LIKE YOU, RIELE!" It's like what I just said made the world stop. There was absolute silence and I honestly don't know what to say or do. Something I didn't expect to happen was Riele smiling, which is crazy be jade I just yelled at her. She smiled. "Well I like you too- I've liked you for a long time." I went up to her and gave her a hug. I smiled, the truth has come out and it's not something I regret saying, it's one of the best decisions I've made. "I'm sorry that I yelled at you." I half smiled looking at her now tearful face. I wipe her tears. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear you say that." She says wiping the rest of her tears. Then she pushes me off which makes me confused. "That's what you get for teasing me with the stupid grins, and your very uncomfortable hugs, and your ugly laugh, and the way you say 'baby' is Beth annoying and makes me want to puke!" I smile. "Oh really? You think I have a stupid grin? You think I have an ugly laugh? Huh?" I start tickling her and she laughs and tries to pull me off but I kept on tickling her. I kept on doing it until she makes her adorable snort. "Oh, look at that snort, no too cute, now is it?" She gasps and closes her mouth. A few seconds of silence and we just burst out laughing again. We stop laughing and look at each other. "Who are you looking at, Norman?" "I'm looking at you, monkey." She slaps my arm and I smile. I press my lips onto hers making me smile in the middle of the kiss.  I stop to look at her beautiful face. " Ms. Downs you are so beautiful. There's not one time that your not, I can look at your face all day and not get tired of it." She chuckles a bit. "Mr. Norman may I say that you are the most cheesiest person I've ever met." "It may be cheesy, but it sure is true." She smiles and we kiss again, this time she smiles in the kiss. We break the kiss, and press our foreheads together. "I love you, best friend." Our hands hold. "I love you too, JaceFace." I smile at the name. I held her until it felt time to let go.