Chapter 1

Judy ran as hard as she could, paws pounding against the pavement. The fox ahead of her looked over his shoulder, a grin on his face. He laughed and sped up, pulling ahead of the cop. Judy grunted in agitation turned right. She leaped for a car and grabbed onto the rear-view mirror. The elephant driving the car honked in surprise, swerving a little. "After that fox!" Judy yelled, pointing towards the running red fur. The elephant nodded, knowing not to argue with the bunny. He pushed harder on the gas and veered towards the fox. The miscreant looked over his shoulder again, and the smile faded from his face. He yelped and ran down a alley, too narrow for the elephants car. Judy let go of the car as it screeched to a stop, waving to the elephant as she ran after the fox.

As she reached half way down the alley, she saw him scaling one of the tall buildings. She knew foxes couldn't climb very high, so therefor she knew what he planned to do, and acted like she didn't see him. Planting a confused look on her face, the cop looked around the alley, muttering to herself. After a few moments, the fox jumped off the building, aiming for the bunny. She quickly flipped onto her hands and kicked up with her powerful hind leg's, nailing the fox in the groin. He groaned in pain as he flopped on the ground, clutching the harmed area. The bunny flipped back onto her feet, eyeing the fox proudly. "Gotch'ya,"

A police car spun to a halt outside the alley, sirens blaring. Nick jumped out of the vehicle and ran towards them. He pulled the fox up off the ground and handcuffed his hands behind his back. "C'mon," the miscreant whined. "From fox to fox. Just let it slide this time, brother?" Nick scoffed. "Not a chance, scruffy." Nick shoved his head down and pushed him in the back seat of the car, slamming the door behind him. He and Judy high five'd and hopped into they're own seats.

Benjamin Clawhauser was putting a donut in his mouth as they walked in with a arrested teen. The cheetah stopped mid bite. "Did you finally catch him? We have been after him for month's!" he exclaimed.

Nick smiled. "I guess that's because we were never chosen for the job." Judy elbowed him in the ribs. "Nick!" Nick rubbed his side. "Geez, carrots! What was that for?"

"For bragging,"

Nick chuckled and turned back to Benjamin. "Which cell for this guy?" Benjamin punched something into his computer. "B24,"

"Alrighty," Nick said, and pushed his charge forwards. The fox whined, complaining that he was to young to be in jail. "Then you should have thought before you robbed five different grocery stores in a row."

Judy walked into her apartment, Nick following, though he stopped at the doorway. Nick had driven her home, and they were both laughing hysterically, as always. After a moment, the laughing died down, and all was quiet. Judy plopped down on her bed.

"It's been a great day,"

"Yeah, it sure has."

"But really Nick, you should have seen the look on that punks face."

"I think you told me a thousand times just on the way here, fluff."

Judy laughed, and Nick smiled fondly, eyes twinkling. "I guess I better be going, Judy." The bunny scoffed. "Fine, I know. I just wish you didn't have to." She jumped off her bed and gave the fox a hug. He nuzzled her head.

"See ya tomorrow, carrots!"

"Bye, Nick!"

As the door closed behind him, the fox looked back. He breathed out a chuckle, all the moments spent with Judy that day running through his head. As he walked down the stairs leading to the parking lot, he laughed randomly as he thought of how the bunny had tripped over a crack in the sidewalk, how she had gotten a mustache on her face from the coffee he got her, how they had caught the teen fox together. He loved that dumb bunny.

Judy walked from the door to her bed. She threw herself down with a sigh, chuckling again as she remembered the conversation they had had on the way home, the fun mini case they did had done that day, the rich cup of coffee Nick had gotten her. She loved that sly fox.