Chapter Twenty Three

Dedication to asdfghjkccf for being fab and really sweet :) <3

LEXIS POV

I jumped up out of bed, excitement overwhelming me. I shook all my friends awake before jumping in the shower to clean up.

I was so excited about getting the perfect dress for the dance, it was my first ever formal dance! 

I had decided there was no time for breakfast, and made them all skip food with me. It was so cold as we trudged down the snowy path to Hogsmeade. Caitlin kept complaining about how hungry she was. 

Seriously, they all have dates, why are they not excited? 

"Come on losers, we can get some breakfast at The Three Broomsticks in about an hour." I ordered, before dragging them all into the first shop.

It was so cute, boutiquey style, with  dresses of all colours and shapes. I wanted something really uinique and special for Draco. I had to be the hottest girl there. 

I had never had a nice dress before, I had absolutley no idea where to start. After an hour of browsing around, I saw it. The perfect dress. 

I tried it on in secret. Wow. It was the one. I quickly paid for it, hiding it in the glossy bag. I wanted it to be a suprise for everyone. 

When everyone was all done, we headed over to the Three Broomsticks, but I was anxious to see Draco. I knew he was working on the cabinet again.

He barely ate or slept anymore. I grabbed two butterbeers to go and a selection of pastries.

"Sorry girls, gotta run. I had the best time." I shouted over my shoulder as I began the cold walk back to the castle.

I was out of breath by the time I reached the 7th floor. I swear I spend more time in there than in lessons nowadays. 

I slipped in as quickly as possible, glancing around to make sure no one was watching me. I gently set the food and drinks down on the floor and stood up, to be faced with a wand!

I screamed.

Only Draco

"I thought you were Potter." He sighed in relief.

"Gee thanks" I replied. He chuckled.

"I thought you might be hungry." 

"Thanks babe." He winked. "Get a dress?"

"Right here." I pointed towards the bag I left by the door.

"Can I see?"

"No, it's a suprise."

"Okay,okay." He put his hands up in surrender.

"So guess what I found today. I was in the restricted section and i found this book, it tells me basically everything I need to know about fixing the cabinet. I've got quite far. I reckon in a few days I will be able to move things."

"Thats great news! He will be pleased."

"I hope so." He said absent-mindedly. 

"You alright?" I asked, concerned.

"I've been pretending everything has been okay for such a long time now, when its not. My life is so far from okay no one would believe. And now you're involved, and I'm so scared for you."

"I know, Drake. I know." I spoke softly as I engulfed him in a hug. "We just have to stick together and everything will be okay in the end. And although I hate to say it because I really hate that slimy git Potter, I hope to Merlin he wins this war. And do you know what? I really think he will." I smiled lovingly into his softened stormy eyes.

"Now how about something to eat. I have a plan to kill Dumbledore."

DRACOS POV

As we ate I reflected on what Lex said. She was right. Eventually there will be a war, and Potter will win (hopefully) and we can escape from here and live a normal life. We just have to stay strong until then. 

"Draco, are you even listening to me?" Her voice broke my thoughts.

"Er sorry, what were you saying, love?"

"I'm going to send Dumbledore a gift for Christmas." She smiled a wicked grin. "I've been doing some research and it turnas out Dumbledores favourite drink is mead. What if I were to poison it and give it to Dumbledore?" 

"Sounds like a plan." We shared a look, hiding our internal pain at the thought, but keeping strong, evil exteriors. 

"Come on, I'll help you with this cabinet and we can go down for some lunch in about an hour?" 

"Thanks babe, but you go and have fun with your friends."

"No way. I'm not going to go and have fun while you are slaving away up here. Now what do you want me to do?" She asked while grabbing the book in her small hands. 

Seems I don't have a choice in this one.

A-N

i AM SO SO SO SO SORRY IT HAS GONE THIS LONG WITHOUT AN UPDATE. I HAD MAJOR BLOCK AND HAVE BEEN REALY BUSY BUT IT IS NO EXCUSE AND I HOPE YOU STILL CONTINUE TO READ BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH!!

I never thought my book would get 4.1K reads so thank you so much to my lovely readers. Inbox anytime I like a chat with you guys and dont forget to press that cute little star and vote! xoxoxoxoxo