We'll Carry On 16

Chapter 83

(Nonnie's POV)

I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the needle sliding under my skin and into my vain. After they did a complete check up and found nothing external that would effect my health. They decided to do every blood test known to man. I hated needles and I flinched at the pain. Frank held my other hand.

"Okay all done Mrs. Iero." the nurse said sliding the needle back out of my arm. She put a cotton ball over the small puncture and bent my arm up at the elbow.

"How long before we get the results?" Frank asked. I could tell he was nervous.

"Some of the test will take only a few moments other's won't be ready for a week." she said. Then she left the room.

"Can we go home now?" I asked. I didn't want to stay here any longer than I had to.

"I'll have the doctor call us with whatever results they get today." I got up off the table and pulled on my jacket. I swayed a bit trying to get my balance. Frank grabbed me by the waist and held me steady. I leaned on him a bit. I was so tired. Today had really drained me and I wished that it had been the trial so I could be done with it already. We walked through the lobby and out the door.

"Mr. and Mrs. Iero wait." the doctor came running out of the office after us.

"What is it doctor?" Frank asked holding me tighter.

"I think you guys should come back inside." he said. I took a deep breath and we followed him back inside.

Chapter 84

(Danae's POV)

We sat in Non's living room each of us holding a baby. I had Bradyn and Pete had Payton. They were so cute and had grown so much. Linda had let us in and was cooking us lunch. She told us where Non was. I would be going for my session tomorrow. I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I made Pete promise not to come. I didn't want him to hear what Rick used to do to me. I didn't want him to know how bad things were, although I'm sure he already had a pretty good idea.

"Frank I won't do it, It's just not going to happen and you can't make me." Non said coming into the door. I was taken aback by her appearance she looked sick and tired. She turned to him. "How could you even think such a thing?" she didn't wait for him to answer she just turned to go upstairs. Her eye caught us and her eyes went wide. "Danae! Pete!" she smiled and walked over to us. She threw her arms around me and I hugged her back. I lifted her with ease. "What are you guys doing here? You weren't supposed to come for another week." She said hugging Pete.

"We decided to come early to hang out a little." Pete said. I could see the concern etched on his face. Non wasn't doing well that was obvious. Frank walked over and gave me a hug. "What's going on?" I whispered to him while Non and Pete were talking.

"She's..." he was interrupted by Pete tapping him on the shoulder. Then they hugged a manly hug. I smiled at them it was weird how they always have seemed to get along.

"Oh good your home. Did everything go well?" Linda asked hugging Non then Frank.

"Yeah everything went fine," Non said. I could tell she was hiding something.

"Well lunch is ready I hope you don't mind, but I have to get going." Linda said.

"No it's fine thanks for keeping them," Non said. We all watched as Linda left. "So lets go eat, I'm starved."

Chapter 85

(Pete's POV)

I watched her fragile frame walk into the kitchen. She looked terrible. I had no doubt that the stress of the trial and having two kids was what had caused this drastic change. Maybe I shouldn't have rushed Danae to go back to LA. Looking at her now, she really needed her help to handle things here. I shouldn't have been so selfish. She looks like she's hanging by a thread.