Jewel of Loch Ness 30

Start from the beginning

*****

Kailani stood completely still as she looked at the large creature before her. A smile crossed her face as it dawned on her how many people scientists and enthusiasts that had searched for the very creature she was looking at. She was even more amused to see the creature was in fact a Plesiosauria. "What do you know, looks like they got what type of creature you are right," Kailani announced. "Is Nessie okay or would you prefer something else?" she asked the towering creature.

The towering creature lowered its smooth head down toward her and gently rubbed against her cheek. "I like you as well," Poseidon's daughter told the elusive creature. "Have you been eating fish?" She asked getting a big whiff of fish smell. She laughed as the creature went to lift its head away from her and instead wrapped her arms around it and gave it a gentle hug. "I don't mind."

Kailani closed her eyes as she and the creature showed each other affection. "I wish Demitri were here. He could probably understand you perfectly."

The creature let out a sound that resembled that of a whale. "Okay I think they might not have what sounds you make right." It took Poseidon's daughter a moment before she realized she somehow understood the creature before her. Nessie made sounds but it was not actually a form of language as with Dolphins. Instead Kailani almost felt the creatures' language as if somehow it was talking to her through a combination of touches and even telepathy.

"You want me to swim with you," Kailani said realizing. "How could I possibly say no?!" She said becoming excited by the thought. Nessie turned around and seemed to glide into the water. Kailani slid down the creature's neck until she was at the base of the blue and green creature's neck. Kailani felt a sense of amusement from the creature just before it abruptly submerged itself in the water.

The Demigoddess felt a sense of peace and joy as the two raced through the water. Scientists might think the creature was slow but they were wrong. Nessie raced through the water forcing Kailani to have to hold on a little tighter so as not to fall off.

Suddenly Kailani felt her body emerge from the water as Nessie shot up through the water's surface. Kailani screamed out in open joy as she and the creature glided along the surface of the water. "Nessie you're amazing!" Poseidon's daughter exclaimed. "Nothing in this lake could be more precious than you," she said and hugged the creatures neck.

Suddenly it hit her like a ton of bricks. "How could I have been so stupid?" she wondered as realization took hold. "I'm not looking for a pearl or gemstone. It's not a jewel as in a stone. It's a jewel as in treasure. You're the Jewel of Lock Ness Nessie. It's you!" Nessie let out a pleased horn sound and they dove below the surface of the water once more.

As the two continued to play in the water Kailani couldn't help but wonder what to do. Nessie couldn't come with her. Nessie couldn't stay on land. She was also fairly certain the creature would not fit in Marius' Lair. How was she supposed to handle this? Kailani felt a sense of peace flow over her and smiled knowing it was Nessie. She laid her head down on the creature's neck and rubbed her head against it. The one thing Kailani knew above everything else was that she'd protect the gentle creature she was currently playing with.

Nessie and Kailani played in the lake for over an hour before it was time for Kailani to return to the surface. Nessie wanted to return her to the surface but Kailani had declined. She didn't know who might be there when she emerged and was not willing to risk her new friend. They had compromised on Nessie staying out of sight but not too far away as Kailani swam toward the shore. Kailani felt the creature's disappointment.

"We will see each other again," Kailani promised Nessie. "Have to keep you safe." Taking a glimpse at the pearl that Nessie had given her she knew she could. Skylar had identified a Pearl as the treasure to be found in the lake. Kailani knew he was wrong but with the pearl in hand she made her way back to the group. She'd let them think they had what they needed while she kept Nessie safe.

Kailani was more than a little surprised to begin emerging from the water and find Marius and Raiden both their and poised for battle.

"Kailani!" Justine said seeing her.

"Perfect timing," Ciro said as he and his group walked up. It was almost instant that swords were drawn and a battle began.

"Kailani," Lareto called to her. Kailani didn't want to go to him but had promised to return to Marius and his group. Grudgingly she went to where he stood.

"Get her out of here!" Marius ordered as he squared off with Ardin. Lareto didn't argue and taking Poseidon's daughter by her right arm began leading her away from the group.

"Not so fast!" Lorcan said and attacked Laredo. Having no choice he released the water demigoddess and began defending himself.

"Ahhh!" Justine said as she fell and lost her sword. Ramiero went to swing at her and Kailani reacted and ran for her friend. Justine rolled away trying to dodge Ares' son. He swung once more as Justine tripped but Kailani was there with Justine's fallen sword and halted his advance.

"I'm not done with you!" Ramiero sneered at her. Kailani didn't take the time to respond and flipped the swords causing Ramiero to stumble back so as to not lose his sword. Ramiero swung at her becoming aggressive but Kailani deflected him with ease. Kailani was a natural with a sword and it showed.

The blonde woman noticed a shift in his eyes and whirled around just in time to deflect Dana and send her to the ground. "Justine go!" Kailani ordered. Justine didn't argue. Weaponless she needed to get away from the fighting.

"Take her!" Ciro ordered. Kailani looked over just in time to see Lorcan go after Solana and with one more swipe at Ramiero she headed to help her friend.

Ramiero hissed as the blade from Kailani's sword slashed against him leaving a cut across his chest. It wasn't deep but was enough to cause pain. Ramiero didn't think he acted and threw his sword at Kailani's back.

"Kailani!" Demitri said seeing it. He dove for her and knocked them both to the ground causing the sword to miss hitting Kailani and him. Hearing a scream they looked over to see Pulan hit the ground with Ramiero's sword through his leg. "Let's go!" Demitri said getting up.

"Solana!" Kailani told him.

"Raiden has her!" Demitri assured her. Grabbing her hand they headed into the woods. They raced through the woods and were almost to the road when Zelda stepped out with a sword blocking her way. Demitri turned but quickly found they were surrounded by Marius and Skylar.

"Nice try but we aren't finished," Marius told Artemis' son. He looked over at Kailani.

"I returned to you," Kailani stated.

"Yes, you did," Marius agreed. "I'd like to think you'll come peacefully Demitri but I doubt it." He nodded and before even Kailani could react Laredo came up from behind and putting a rag over his mouth and nose rendered him unconscious. "He'll be fine Kailani," Marius assured her seeing she looked as if she'd panic. "Let's go." Taking her by the arm he led her away while Lareto and Skylar carried Demitri away. Zelda looked back and smiled. Things had gone better than she expected.

Sitting in the lake just out of sight Nessie watched with anger in her eyes. She did not like seeing her friend in danger. The creature watched as the fighting continued and her friend slipped away. Here she would wait until Kailani called on her. For her part in Kailani's journey was far from over.

Author's note: Hope everyone enjoyed it. Have questions feel free to ask.