41- We are the Stupid

"Mila," I said, my hand gripping the door knob, "stay behind us."

She nodded, worry scrunching her eyebrows together. "I still think this is stupid."

"Oh, it is," Chris replied, "but we're doing it anyways, apparently."

"Ready?" I asked, a nervous smile racking my lips.

They nodded.

I threw the door open.

"Well shit," I mumbled. "This was stupider than I thought."

Twenty men, all protecting a single corner, where I'm guessing the Kaiser was.

"Whelp, here we go."

And I charged. So did the others, the trainer officials. Besides me, Chris was ready to fight. An arrow whizzing past my ear told me Mila was ready too.

"One down," I said, punching the first one to meet me in the nose, "it's a start."

My hand went back, stabbing a man swinging a sword at me. He fell, blood splattering onto my hand. How nice.

My right hand went into a swing, slicing the throat of the man who I punched.

That's three for me.

I tipped to the right. A sword scrapped my side, and I was already bleeding. I used my turn to bring my sword back and impale him straight through the forehead. What a beautiful image.

Four for me.

My blades went up to meet with a sword. There was a cold slashing sound, and the sword was flying above our heads.

"Too slow," I mumbled, kicking the woman in the side.

She fell with a thud.

I would've ended her there, but I had other business to attend to. Like the man running towards Mila while she notched a new arrow.

In a swift motion, I kicked my leg out. My foot straightened out sending a blade whizzing through the air, landing in his back, hitting his spine.

My right leg was defenseless now.

Six for me, and not many left.

Another blade came from behind me, cutting the side of my right leg, just great.

I turned to take care of it, but Chris already had it handled. One of his eyes was sealed shut, blood dripping from the spot above it.

"Well don't you look pretty," I said.

"Don't get distracted."

"What could-"

I got hit in the cheek with a fist. Thank the gods it wasn't a blade. I would've been dead...or mouthless. Too much mouth?

I fell to the ground, but reacted immediately. My foot swung out, sending my other dagger flying.

"That's seven for me," I said, spitting blood on the floor.

An arrow flew by overhead, hitting a woman in the heart.

"Lena!" A voice yelled.

I turned to see Levi running towards me. Worry knit his brows together. He through his staff behind him, abandoning it.

"Levi?"

He jumped, tackling me to the ground.

There was a loud bang.

And everything froze.

"Levi?"

There was no reply. A cool liquid was seeping onto my cheek. No, I think it was warm, but my body felt so cold. Levi's body was burning against me.