10- A Little Bit of Trust

"Yep," his smile spread across his whole face now. He'd also caught the attention of the rest of the team. They were looking at him with wide eyes. "Rosey Carnez is the leader of a rebellion to the south of the city. They've been coordinating raids on small encampments. If we can capture Rosey, the raids should die down to a point where we can relax."

My heart was thumping for some reason. A smile was plastered on my face and my eyes were wide. I felt the sudden urge to jump and dance and be happy. I was excited, more so than I'd ever been in years. But I didn't know why. I'd done a lot of stuff like this, but this was completely different. But why?

"I take it your happy to be free for a bit?" Levi asked, stepping close and resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Details," I said, looking directly at Theo. I didn't really care about Levi right now, I wanted to know more.

We shared smiles as he talked. "Rosey Carnez, for the past few months, has been working with narcotics. Our mission is to break into their facility, which, might I add, is outside the city walls, and bring Rosey back to the city. Alive."

"How many men does she have?" Mercy asked, sharp as ever.

"Somewhere between fifty and sixty, but they're not our concern. If possible, we're going to try to bypass them."

"Sounds easy enough," I said. "When do we leave?"

"Tonight. This mission can take anywhere between between two to six days. Traveling will take a whole day, on horseback."

"Is that smart?" I questioned. "If they see us coming we're in for a hell of a lot more trouble."

"We leave the horses a mile or so away from the facility," Mila cut in. I was just starting to notice this, but she was actually pretty smart. "I mean, that's, probably...the best idea."

If only she could get over this shyness. Oh well, she spoke up, so that was a start.

"Good," I stated, finally taking charge like a good leader should, "then we have a start plan. We can discuss the rest on the way."

"Come on," Theo said, "time to grab some gear."

My heart skipped a beat as we walked down a part of the center I wasn't familiar with. Weapons; beautiful, deadly, sharp, and beautiful weapons. I couldn't wait to feel dagger strapped to my arms and lags again. To feel then cut the very air. If I'd be allowed to.

We stopped at a door with two guards I didn't recognize standing outside of it. They each stood at attention, swords strapped to the right side of the waists. Both lefties, huh?

"Theodore West with squadron five," Theo said, all formal like. "Here for equipment for mission code named Rosey Carnez."

I let out a whistle. "Fancy security."

The guards eyed me. They probably knew who I was. After all, this was the oh so famous squadron five and I was the oh so beautiful Shadow.

"She's under my watch," Theo said. "I'm allowing her to enter."

They saluted. One of the guards took out a small key and opened a lock to the door. The metal door creaked as it was pulled open. I couldn't help but admire the contents.

I took slow, careful steps as I walked inside. I knew that all of them didn't trust me yet, and I wanted them too. So, I waited for permission.

When Theo stepped inside, I was exactly a step behind. The others stood around me, eyes plastered to the walls of the room, though I could feel their eyes closely examining me.