17 - Free Day

"Rise and shine," an irritatingly familiar voice called.

"Shut up!" My beautiful songbird voice screeched back. "It's too early for this shit!"

I heard the other two girls climbing out of their bed, but was too tired to open my eyes. Last night's adventure had left me even more tired than I'd hoped. I groaned in hatred as a hand took hold of the back of my shirt.

"Screw off."

"You're the last person who can complain," Levi's voice called from the other side of the room. Hm, I don't remember him coming in. "Us in the guys room get the worst of the early bird wrath. Bryce here's still half asleep."

I groaned again, tightly wrapping my arms around the wooden beams of the top bunk. Whoever was pulling me seriously wanted to get their ass handed to them today.

"Well, laying here, doing nothing sounds great and all," Theo's voice said with that there's an or coming tone, "or," told you, "you could come outside with us."

"Meh, the halls aren't that enticing."

"I don't think I ever said the halls."

"You mean outside?"

"Yep."

"Like outside outside?"

"The one and only."

"Like not trapped in this hellhole of a-"

"Yes!" Bryce's pissed off voice said. "Now go get dressed so we don't have to wait all day for you. I'll meet you all in the cafeteria."

Thank god he was gone. I would've tackled him if I'd spent another minute with him.

"Come on," Mercy's soft voice said, "I wanna eat before the lines get long."

"I wouldn't worry about that," Levi said. "No one gets up at this early in the morning except loons."

I groaned as I forced my body up and into a slow turtle faced action.

"And she lives!" Mercy laughed. "But wow does she look beat."

"Angel," you know who's voice said, and no not Voldemort, "as much as I love to see your beautiful face in the morning, and hear your melodious voice, you look like some has continually beat your face in with a brick."

"Repeatedly," Mila inserted meekly.

"Thank you, Levi, for your one of a kind wake up calls. I love hearing your insults in the morning."

I crawled to where the ladder was hanging on the bed and easily slid down. I looked to the clock to see that it read... Too god damned early. No, it was five ten in the morning, and it felt like it. No, it felt like I hadn't slept in two days, which I nearly haven't. Over the past forty-eight hours, I've gotten about an hour and a half of sleep. And the whole Seventh Sword incident sure as hell hasn't helped.

"Boys, out of the room so we can change," Mercy said, saving me from my daily ritual of kicking them out and then giving Levi a smartass comment after he tried to flirt with me. Seriously, this takes effort. Lucky for Mercy and Mila, Levi doesn't really flirt with them. Either he never really did, or he found new prey in me.

The boys kindly left us to our privacy.

"Seriously," Mercy said walking over to the dresser where she kept her clothes, "you look dead tired."

She tossed me a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of jean pants. It's been like this since I got here. I had no clothes of my own, so I ended up wearing hers. Luckily, we were close enough to the same size, even if her clothes did end up being a little tight on me.