We'll Carry On 14

Start from the beginning

"I saw the panic in your eyes when I got there. It pissed me off and I kinda lost it. Plus I was already mad about what happened with Trisha."

"God Frank it feels like everything is starting to fall apart. How much longer are we going to be able to stand this. I mean I never used to doubt you, I never would have believed..."

"Are you ready to give up?" he said with a smile.

"No, but I just...I'm just tired of fighting for us to fight."

"Then let me be your strength." I smiled and looked into his green eyes. "I'll be your strength if you need me to be, but just don't give up. Cause that's what they want, remember what you said. When we are apart things just seem to go wrong."

"That is so right," I said, then I bought my lips to his and kissed him. " I think you should replenish my strength." I stood up and grabbed his hand. Leading him up to our room. "You called Linda right?" he nodded, before attacking my lips with his own and sweeping me up into his arms in one fluid motion. We were going to have a long night ahead.

(Danae's POV)

I rolled over and reached for Pete. Only all I pulled back was a pillow. I opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock. Then shot up in bed.

"Pete why the hell did you turn off the alarm clock?" I hopped out of bed and started to get dressed. I was so late for work it wasn't funny.

"I called the office and told them you wouldn't be in, don't worry," he said coming into the room with a try. He sat it on my lap. "We have an omelet with ham, cheese, green peppers, and salsa on the side. Orange juice and a croissant. Oh I almost for got, Café Mocha and..." he ran from the room and came back with a bouquet of lilies. "Your favorite's."

"What is all this for? Did you cheat on me?" I asked smiling. He laughed.

"No, you just had a rough night last night and I thought you should have a break. So I have a concert tonight and you have a backstage pass."

"Why does it feel like you have something else planned."

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. You'll have to show up to find out," then he kissed me and sat down and picked up the fork.

"You better be getting ready to feed me," I said as he cut the omelet with the fork. He gave me a challenging look.

"And if I'm not," I started to pout and he turned to fork toward me.

"Now that's more like it,"

(Pete's POV)

I paced back and forth back stage hoping everything would go as planned. I took a deep breath and walked out on stage and started playing the first song, but my mind wasn't on the music. It was on Danae. She was standing in front of me dancing as we played. She looked so beautiful, her hair was in a high ponytail and she was wearing a simple band-t and skinny jeans, but I've never seen her look more beautiful. As the song came to an end I walked up to the mic. The guys new what I was about to do, so they went silent. I waited for the crowd to calm down and get quiet before I spoke.

"How are we doing tonight?" I said the crowd answered with screams and whistles. "I think this is the biggest crowd we've ever played for." more screams. "Most people would wait until the end of the show to do this, but I've been waiting almost a year for the answer to this question so, Danae," she looked up in shock. "Come on up here." She shook her head no. "Who thinks my girlfriend should come up here and join me on stage?" a chorus of yes went through the crowd again. The security guy picked her up and lifted her over the barricade and then onto the stage. I left the mic and walked over to her. Taking the mic with me I kneeled down on one knee. "Danae will you marry me?" she stood there for a moment, the only emotion I could see on her face was surprise.