[6]

Riley's POV:

For a months after the incident, I've been staying in bed, remembering everything he said.

"You,"

I don't know what happened to us, our friendship.

Last semester, he kept on ignoring me and staying away from our usual group of friends. And then that happened, making me feel so broken and feel as if I have nothing to do in this world.

He was like my life in a way, he would always be there to make me smile, laugh, not be sad - he was the reason why I would smile a lot, because I wished to be as cheerful as him.

Nobody really payed attention to how cheerful and kind and happy he was, well, most of the time. I did, people were just so judgemental at seeing him - thinking he was weird. I don't think so, I thought he was being cute.

It was cu—

"Riley, baby," I hear Charlie call me and I turn around to see my boyfriend - then a sudden kiss was planted onto my cheek.

I kinda don't get used to these kisses, well I did kiss him once but that was on our first date. I can't kiss this guy, I'm still questioning if I should give my all to him. Or maybe it's just that I'm a little shy with kissing, but mostly the reason with waiting is why.

"Yes Charlie?" I ask and he starts planting kisses onto my shoulder, making me feel awkward and I slowly push him away whilst saying, "Stop Charlie, not here."

"Oh come on Riley, we're in fucking high school now - what else would high school students except?" He snaps at me, and I get shocked at the sudden cursing.

"Sorry Riley, I've had a rough day." He says quickly after and I just chuckle, he comes near to me and back hugs me.

"Ah, it's okay Charlie," I reply to him.

You see, this guy when I met him - he give me these butterflies in my tummy, a sweet feeling inside of me. Now, being with Charlie, all I feel is just nothing. But I believe, I do love him. That was those butterflies were just really dramatic.

Suddenly, I hear screams coming from outside the class room. It was morning, a new semester and everyone was either in the hallways, class or somewhere else I don't know. The thing is, these screams sound like ones in which you would for celebrities. The girls in our school would use to do it for Charlie, but I'm with him now.

Hailey, this girl from my class, comes in all cheerfully and squeals before saying, "I think we have a hot new boy classmate."

My eyebrow raise up, really?

"Hmm? Since when?" I say questionly, Charlie's hug becomes more tighter and I look at him and he says, "You're already taken, so don't even ask."

I laugh at his jealously and carry on talking to him, I didn't know we got a new class mate. I don't even think we have enough space for a new seat for him.

"Riley!" I hear Maya scream, I look up, "What?"

"What?" I ask, she places he hands onto mine before saying—

"He's here!" Some girl screams.

Every one looks at the door.

It opens to Lucas smirking for some reason and this boy who was probably my height yet taller, had light brown hair.

I couldn't see his eyes since he was looking down. His hair was really styled, from what I could see under his hoodie, it looked a little like Farkles to be honest yet more gel added. Wait.

I observed him more, he started to put down his hood and people get shocked, some gasped. My mouth drops to the floor,

"Farkle?" I say in a surprised way.

"I tried telling you Riley, he changed into a more manly look." Maya says and I gulp, my heart beats fast, it wasn't because of his looks, it was because I hoped he changed - and let me be his friend again.

He cooly walks through with Lucas, his lick his bottom lip and sits in the seat behind me. I watched him, I didn't care if people thought I looked weird or Charlie got jealous.

Farkle looked different, it made me feel weird. I lowkey wanted his bright colour tees back, especially his orange turtleneck. That was my favourite clothing on him.

Farkle slowly turns his fingers through his styled hair, girls started fanning themselves.

"Oh my lord, since when did Farkle become so hot?"

"His hair."

"Those beautiful blue eyes."

"His lips look tasty—"

I shake my head and carried on looking at Farkle.

"Riley?" I hear him say, my heart beat pace goes up.

"Yes?" I say with hope, for him to let me be friends with him.

"Could we swap seats for so I could sat near Lucas and chat with him for now?" He says with a different tone, my hope dies. His voice was now more lower for some reason.

"Oh yeah, erm sure," I say awkwardly.

I stand up, and walk pass him - his colonge changed to a more stronger, more muskier smell. Not like a sweet yet slightly strong smell.

I sit down at his seat and chats to Lucas.

What happened to us?