[3]

Farkle's POV:

Life is hard when you love your bestfriend and they are currently in a relationship.

Bestfriends are known to be there for your decisions and protect you. But I simply can't be that friend, not when Riley has chosen Charlie to be hers.

You have these jealous feelings inside of you, and you just wanna express them but you can't since you're the bestfriend and they except you to be there for you.

If that happens, I'll probably be a loner by the end of it.

For the past month, the whole school's current gossip talk is of Charlie and Riley being a couple. Charlie being the hearthrob and Riley being my bestest friend ever.

I am currently sitting at our usual table with Lucas and Maya and Riley, I would
be making funny jokes and talking a lot. But a special someone is here, Riley's boyfriend Charlie is here.

My fists are clenched tightly, my foot kept on tapping on the floor and I wouldn't eat a single thing on my plate. All I could do was watch in pain of my bestfriend being lovey dovey with Charlie.

Riley's head was resting on Charlie's shoulder, and he was laughing with her on how Maya kept on annoying Lucas by calling him 'Huckleberry.' But he wouldn't speak, I only heard his breaths as he was right next to me.

I didn't care about that, all I could focus was on her. On how she would smile more than usual, on how she would be so touchy around him, she would hug him, poke his nose, call him Charles.

Then, it happened, he kissed her cheek and she did too.

I felt my jealousy go high, too high that I accidently flip my tray onto the floor. Everyone on the table looked at me, even the two couple.

"Farkle, your hands, they're white." Maya says and Riley's eye were in shock, I slowly got out of my space and stand.

"My parents fought today about something, sorry, I'll calm down somewhere." I lied, it's about Riley.

I walked away but I heard the words, "Can I go to Farkle?"

It was Riley, but then next thing killed my heart.

"He needs to be alone."

Charlie stop her, it was as if he knew about my love and wanted to ruin me.

"I'll go Riley, he talked to me about it." I hear from Lucas, but I never told him about my parents— he knows.

I ran quickly to the rooftop, although I could hear Lucas shouting "Farkle!" yet I ignored him and kept on running.

I reached the top and sat on the edge of the building, where anything could happen.

"Farkle," I hear from behind, I look to see Lucas with a worried look on his face.

"What?" I say quite angrily, he sits next to me, carefully making sure not to fall.

"I know Farkle, I know what you're really angry about." He says, and I sigh, I guess I can speak to him about it.

"You like Riley, our Riley." He says and I just stare at the scenery infront of us.

"I've liked her since she was like 5, Lucas." I respond and he gasps quietly.

"But I thought that was a joke, from when we were in 7th grade—"

"It was to distract from the actually reason, so that it won't be awkward. You should know that, from experience." I cut him off, he moves closer to me and pats my shoulder.

"Look, you know I don't like her like that. I like Maya." He told me, I chuckle before saying, "I know, I can see."

(A/N: So maybe a little of Lucaya.)

"Wanna go to my house and act like teenage girls?" He says and I just laugh before saying, "Yeah sure, we'll buy ice cream along the way."

"Farkle?"

"Yeah?"

"How much do you love Riley?"

"As much as we need oxygen."